Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hijole

Stair way to succulent Heaven:

hijole
12 years ago

{{gwi:521332}}

Stair way to Heaven isnt a bad name for this picture, I really like the colors.

Greg

Comments (15)

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    12 years ago

Nice photo...I was thinking of doing the ladder thing this spring.it's old and a pretty bright pink just might spruce it up some.is there a trick to keeping the plants on the steps so they don't fall off in heavy winds? Thans for sharing
    Sharon

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Nice display. What are the purple flowers? I've never seen a Burro's Tail (or whatever it's called, 2nd step down) in bloom.

• rosemariero6
    12 years ago

Nice colors, neat idea, Greg! Is this one yours? Sadly I couldn't do something like this. My dogs would knock off all pots within a day. :/

• hijole
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sharon, thanks, are you talking about the purple and green combo or the all purple? if its the combo then I am not sure I've heard the name before but it's to early for me right now, But the all purple now thats another story, Lol... that one... is a plastic insert. yeah I know it isnt fair. I actually really forgot it was still in there, you know you see it everyday and it starts looking the same.

Yeah paint your old ladder bright pink that would look awesome. You know what I do I go into Home depot and by the oopps paint for .50 cents and paint everything insight almost, it's a good deal.

Ahh... the wind. and it's windy today too. Well I have mine in a patio where the wind still travels through but not as much as if it were in the open. the real trick is keeping them in the center and a little weight helps alot, so maybe place some rock on the bottom of your pots, jus a little, mine have fallen down if there's no water weighing them down some.

Karyn 1 O, I answered that purple flower question above, thanks for commenting Lol... I didnt even notice it was in bloom thats great and good eye too.

Rosemarie, yeah it's all mine thank you, I was going to suggest a rope for your dog but I didnt think it would fly so maybe a real big ladder with high steps would work, maybe.

• hijole
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Karyn1,, Wow... after only 1 cup of coffee it suddenly came to me, if your talking about the combo color green and purple, that one is called "Purple Heart."

Greg

• Marie Tran
    12 years ago

Greg, it is great idea and beautiful colors.

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

The only green & purple combo I see in there is commonly called Wandering Jew, Tradescantia.

I like the texture contrast & differing growth forms in this display as well, nice.

• hijole
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Pirate girl You are right thats exactly why I hate drinking decaff coffee LOL...
    and thats why I skipped the alphabet thread altogether , except to compliment the posts.
    Thanks for the correction P.G

Greg

• TT, zone 5b MA
    12 years ago

Greg -

That is a really nice display. The colors do work extremely well together. Nice!

And, thanks for referencing a song from the greatest rock and roll band of all time...;-).

Tom

• Colleen E
    12 years ago

Some really beautiful thins in there! I have a curiosity about the plant on the right on the top step...

• Colleen E
    12 years ago

Haha, things, rather. I type so well.

Colleen

• pennyhal
    12 years ago

Great photo! Now I know what to do with that ladder in the garage my husband keeps wanting to throw out.

Penny

• hijole
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Penny that was my conclusion also I almost thru mine away and I saw something similar and said, yaaaa that's what I'll do great minds think alike, now its just a matter of what color you want :)

Greg

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

I also have an old wooden ladder,that i've been meaning to paint,it's one of those "someday "projects.

I like what you've done with the ladder and love the plants on it.
    Kathi

• hijole
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kathi, And remember Home Depot is a good place to get bright colored paint , they have a oopps section that you can get the little bottles for .50 cents, they're is two H/D by my house one has the same section except one store sells them for 1.00 and the other store sells them for .50 , I don't have to tell you which one I go too LOL..

Thanks Kathi , let us see your fresh painted ladder when that some day arrives .

Greg

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio