Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scale on Echeveria

Posted by twiltye none (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 28, 14 at 23:44

Hi all,

I think this is scale, but I'm not sure. I'm used to seeing scale on a lemon tree I have, but I want to make sure. Luckily it's the only one.

It's an echeveria pulidonis that I've had for about two weeks. It has been raining outside (and it's supposed to rain more) so I decided to bring the guy inside for a bit just in case.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scale on Echeveria

While that may be scale, it really doesn't look like "classic" scale. It looks more like a callous or previously damaged area of the leaf. Scale will be more on the stems of Echeveria and at the leaf axial. See if you can easily remove it with your fingernail or if it is hard and hard to remove.

o

It doesn't come off with scraping and it does seem to be part of the leaf as far as I can tell. Doesn't have an edge or anything.

If it's not scale then that's both a huge relief and kind of disappointing since it won't just come off. Thanks for the response.

o

Not a big deal, because in time that leave will die and the issue resolved.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here