Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New succulents

Posted by JessieC777 Washington State 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 11, 12 at 0:35

I went to go look at the veggie plants at HD and couldn't resist these three...

Portulacaria afra 'Variegata' (I have been looking for one of these)
Photobucket

Crassula obliqua 'Tricolor' (I spotted this guy hiding in the back)
Photobucket

Aloe Crosby's prolific...love his teeth!
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New succulents

Really pretty jade! Gotta love those.

o

Nice plants, Jessie!

I have an elephant bush too but it's not quite as upright. It's two y's. :) they're easy... I give it some direct sun and water every other week/when pretty damn dry.

I have been looking for a tricolor jade! Lucky you. And alpes are easy plants. They like to pup too.

o

Congrats on your new wards, Jessie! Glad to hear you found some you were looking for...always a thrill! :) Watch out for Aloe 'Crosby's Prolific'...it is aptly named. Soon you will have LOTS of pups!

o

They aren't anything exotic or super exciting, but they caught my eye :-) I have a reg. elephant bush, but really wanted a variegated. They jade is a little beat up, but it was the better of the two. I'm kind of scared of the aloe now lol Hopefully I'll have lots of people who want starts I guess :-)

Also...I found this inside of my Jade plant. I guess it dropped off. Didn't see anything like it close by. Any clue to what it is or if I could try to root it?

Photobucket

o

IMO it never hurts to TRY to root something, the worst that can happen is it won't take, no harm, no foul.

Don't know what it is, other than some kind of succulent, I'd plant it DRY, in fast draining mix, & don't water it. Fat, fleshy leaves don't need watering when they have no roots.

o

• Posted by rina_ 6a Ont (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 12, 12 at 17:48

It looks like crassula gollum - maybe?
As PG says, try to root it.

o

Thanks pirate and rina :-)

Nope, not a gollum. These are more of a flat curved shape. I put some root tone on it and stuck it in a well draining mix that I have jade cuttings rooting in right now.

o

Jesse, that dropped leaf looks a lot like the one I bought at lowes a few months back (plant on left)? Not sure if it will root (my guess would be 'No'). I planted mine with the plant on right, and another haw, but it seems like it might be happier in another dish that gets more water.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

• Posted by rina_ 6a Ont (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 15, 12 at 12:12

I thought of Peperomia ferreryre too, but they have a "window" on top of the leaves; does your have them? I bought same two plants couple of weeks ago (except they did not have labels).
Rina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here