Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jasminehearted

Can my Aloe be saved?

jasminehearted
10 years ago

So, apparently I'm not meant to have succulents...

Last summer my boyfriend's mother gave me a jade plant and an aloe from her garden. They did beautifully all summer, fall, and in winter when I brought them in they seemed to do great -continuing to grow. Then...suddenly, they were doing terrible. I suspect I overwatered them - even though it was only about once ever 15 days and not too much water. They are both planted in succulent/cacti soil in decently sized pots (for their size, maybe a bit bigger than they needed).

Two of the mains stems of the jade plant started dropping and getting soft - I dug below the decorative pebble covering (bad idea) and the soil was way too wet, so I repotted it and sat it out in the warm spring sun to recover. That one I think will survive.

The aloe looked much better than the jade plant, but it was still too wet, so I put it out in the sun on the porch to let it dry out for the past week or so along with the jade plant - but now it's doing even worse - drooping and turning brownish. The leaves seem maybe a teeny bit too soft, but not much softer than it did when I got it and it was healthy green. Some of the leaves were too soft and I pulled those away, but most are firmly attached.

I brought it inside today because it might rain - and it certainly doesn't want any water after I over-soaked it this winter. Is this sunburn or is it on it's way out? It actually might like a little worse in person than the picture color wise...

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County