Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NOID succulent

Posted by breton2 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 9:07

I picked this up last fall and have yet to figure out what it is. It looks like a Crassula, but the flowers, which unfortunately dried out before they bloomed, looked like they were going to resemble Kalanchoe blooms. The buds were quite reddish, not white. It was growing buds when I bought it in October. It appears to be 4 cuttings stuck in a 4 inch pot. I haven't seen anything quite like it on line...
Can anyone suggest what it might be? If so, what are people's experiences with this plant?

Cheers,
Breton

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NOID succulent

Hi B,

I think it's Kalanchoe farinacea, another plant that's difficult to have enough of.

o

Thanks Jeff, that does look like a match! Hadn't heard of this one before. It does seem to be a great succulent houseplant, it has not etiolated in the rather sad winter sun I was able to provide this winter. Have you grown it?

Cheers,
B

o

B,

I have grown it in SD - it's an Arabian Peninsula Kalanchoe, so it went well with Aloes such as A. tomentosa. I don't have it any more, but when I did it grew gangbusters.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here