Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teengardener1888

Forgiveness Please

teengardener1888
11 years ago

I simply want to get on with what i love, PLANTS. Please post forgiveness for me for what i did and said on jessicas discussion

Comments (12)

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    11 years ago

I'm not angry with you - I doubt anyone really is. Get on with things and things will get on.

• rosemariero
    11 years ago

Love to see you have a passion about plants. We don't ever want to squelch your enthusiasm. Folks here (& on many forums) sometimes get into pickles over how words are used (not having the benefit of seeing others' faces when they "talk"), so misunderstandings abound. Just keep in mind, some of us are older (maybe wiser about some things) & have been "around the block"...and might want to help you with useful tips about posting on the forum. I try to read my responses over three times before I click the submit button...to check if something I said might be taken the wrong way. Most times I goof ~ I'm in a hurry. Luckily, we now have an edit button, so we can fix mistakes. I like a happy forum. I come here to relax & enjoy! If I can help someone along the way...all the better! We hope you do the same! Have fun!

• JGW3
    11 years ago

I have no idea what happened but it reminded me of a little email "funny" my boss sent me because my grammar is horrible. It read something like this.

Let's eat, Grandma!
    or
    Let's eat Grandma!

It just doesn't take much to get everything mixed up does it?

I'll go back to minding my own business now! Sorry.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Absolutely. Two thumbs up!

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for your forgiveness. I wish i could see pirate girl and marguerrite

This post was edited by teengardener1888 on Thu, Apr 18, 13 at 14:17

• marguerite_gw Zone 9a
    11 years ago

Good Lord, teen, you didn't think I was mad with you, did you? And I certainly don't think you did anything wrong!
    It is rather nice, though, to have our very own Teenager with Angst on the forum. I think you livened it up wonderfully since you've been coming here. I for one would miss your posts badly. I enjoy you being outspoken, Irish kids are always like that, but I have noticed youngsters are more withdrawn on US forums.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

The thing about the computer on forms like this is the stripping of obvious age away from communication. It is there with you because you wear it on your tag. It allows us to look at you as a teenager and when you act like one, we can accept it or we cans say something about it. When an adult acts like that it just comes off as rude.

As a peice of advice....Watch out for ultimatums. You might hear a lot of them from your parents and your mind might turn naturally that way. God knows I heard them at your age. I found later that when I made ultimatums as a way of stating what I considered fact, I raised hackles,judgements were made and doors shut on me. I had a wise person tell me that there is always more ways to skin a cat than the first one that comes to mind. He suggested that I "PAUSE".... and think before I spoke. A carefully placed "I think that...." before a statement and made something an opinion and not set in stone. Or "I always heard that...." puts the onus on hearsay (someone else). I don't know how many apologies that this has saved me. Another rule when I want to climb on someones back and beat him over the head with a fact or a baseball bat is: Does it need to be said by me, Does it need to be said now, and does it need to be said at all. If I answer "no" to anyone of them, I know that I should keep my mouth shut. I don't always pay attention to this but if I ask myself these things , it often gives me the PAUSE that I need to figure out another more gentle way to phrase things.

I come here to share and learn and often I learn by admitting ignorrance and puzzlement when I am mistaken. Vulnerability is an asset that allows a great deal of knowlege to enter. "I didn't know that" is a wonderful thing, and it shows a willingness to rethink something. Floundering in public can be awkward and ugly , but it can also be graceful and a learning experience. Relax and enjoy.

• norma_2006
    11 years ago

I wish you gave me that advise five years ago. I made the same mistake, of telling someone she must put names on their plants and the lady took offense. I should have used another word. I should have said it might be a good idea to do so, because if a plant died you would know how to reorder it, or request that plant. So I apologize now, I'm 81 years old but I still want to learn. Norma

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

Norma, some people are born knowing this from an early age. I WAS NOT one of them. I have a mouth on me and I have left many hurt feelings behind me. I can put this into words because I have to consciously and sometimes begrudgingly practice this. I have to rub my nose in it. That is how I know this.

Another thing Norma, I think at 81, you should get a get out of jail free card.

• hijole
    11 years ago

Done, your forgiveness has been PAID IN FULL. Now just enjoy your garden.

Greg

• hijole
    11 years ago

Done,Now just enjoy your garden.

Greg

This post was edited by hijole on Sat, Apr 20, 13 at 17:31

• mrlike2u
    11 years ago

I find watering plants works better at growing them than saying sorry to someone who told me not to water it lol