Crassula elegans
Crassula elegans

Hope you enjoy them!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some flowering

• Posted by teatree zone 8b/Oregon (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 12:15

So great! Thank you. And the C. mesembryanthemoides is awesome.

o

Thanks for sharing your "pretties".

o

Ryan, yes, again, wow such wonderfully grown plants - you've got the knack, mate. So, are any of them fragrant, and also our noses would like to know how smelly the Ascleps are and if the Crassula were foul, too. I've had them both ways but haven't seen Cr. mesem. flower before.

o

• Posted by ssk22 5/ohio (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 18:11

Rian,
love all your plants. The last one especially is one I would like to have.
Thanks for sharing.

Sharon

o

As always- GORGEOUS! Thanks for the eye candy! (:

o

• Posted by QSis none (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 22:13

Such strange and wonderful plants! I've never seen anything like them before!

I am particularly intrigued with the funny brown ones with yellow flowers, and the big green ones that look like the ends of bones, with purple flowers!

Do those plants have common names that might be easier for me to remember?

Lee

o

Lee, best thing to learn are the Latin names. Common names are many times misleading. Start with one or two and before you know it you'll have seven known, spelling too (that worked for me).

o

Lee, I agree with Jeff, living in SA, my parents has the same common names for whole groups of species, which does not help in looking for or taking care of a plant. You learn the names very easily, and stick to the ones you have first, most of the times the second part refers to something of the plant, spots, locality, flower, whatever, so it becomes more interesting in a way.

Thanks Greta, Sharon (worth finding one, for sure), Notolover, Colleen!

Jeff, Ok the Lithops has a sweet perfume smell, not sure about the Crassula (nothing bad), but the surprise is the Orbea and Piaranthus - not really any strong smell, and I went in like a hero - nose first, both barrels open!! I wonder if the cold has something to do with it, but then we still should have a slight odour, in any case not much of a smell, just pretty. The Orbea variegata has a strong smell (pictured in previous post), but also less potent with second flower, so I guess it must that cooler weather has an influence, still smelly though.

o

So very nice. Thanks for sharing part of your flowering collection. Tremendous. Have you ever shown a picture of all of your collection at once? Greenhouse? Growing area? Such a nice assortment of loveliness.

o

Reggie, thanks, Yes I think I posted pics of frames. Small area outside, covered with plastic/net for rain, nothing special.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here