Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to this site.

Posted by loretta712 Pa. (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 12:28

I stumbled onto this site, a couple days ago, and my eyes are almost crossed from reading, I feel like I've found home, I lost my husband to cancer, had to sell our house, the new one I bought has a small greenhouse, I have gone succulent crazy, so many kinds,lol, caring for these plants has helped me heal, so hello to everyone, and happy growing!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to this site.

Hi Loretta,

Welcome aboard here. Good for you and the greenhouse - I have a Keystone State friend who also has one and is a succulent fanatic, so you'll have lots of company.

o

Loretta, welcome from SA and you are lucky to start with a greenhouse, they do tend to fill quickly with lovely succulents and cacti...hope to see some of your plants soon! Ryan

o

Welcome, Loretta!! (:

o

HI & welcome to GardenWeb! So sorry about your loss. You might enjoy making some mini gardens with your little succulents.

o

welcome sign photo welcome.gif, Loretta! So sorry to hear you lost your husband. Finding a hobby like this will help heal...time will be another help to soothe you. We are enablers...so be prepared! Good you came out of lurk mode. Good you read up on posts! Lucky you to have found a home with a greenhouse! We expect to see pix of your new wards sometime soon! =)

o

Welcome, Loretta! Ro said it all, your husband should be glad to know you're amongst friends. A greenhouse is a blessing and will allow you endless opportunity to nurture and enjoy nature's magnificence. Please feel free to share and ask questions.

o

Welcome. Sorry to hear that. It is nice to hear you have a greenhouse with succulents

o

Welcome to Farrago of plant loving crazies..

o

Hello loretta712 :)

Welcome. Great score getting a house with a greenhouse. I am brimming with envy just thinking of the possibilities. My condolences on your loss. It's great you have something to fall back on. Plants sure helped me in my time of need. I look forward to reading about what you do with your space.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here