Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hobbits..

Posted by nikki702 London UK (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 10, 12 at 12:37

I got a new Hobbit (the smaller one) and was suprised at the difference in colour compared to my bigger one.

So.. I thought I would show you all :)

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hobbits..

This is just the result of different cultural conditions: water, temperature, and light. Your plant will soon adopt the colors of its new big brother. :-)

Brad

o

That's cute Nikki, thanks for showing us. Where did you manage to find yours? I rarely see Hobbits or Gollums for sale except in Homebase, I had my Gollum from there, and occasionally there's some on Ebay...I'm watching some at the moment (so don't bid, haha!!). All my Jades are coloured up nicely at the moment...except for Gollum who is still green.
Gill form the UK.

o

Nikki, I LOVE the colors on your new hobbit! I've never had mine get those colors even though mine gets full sun, very cold (not freezing)temps, very little water in the winter and grow it outside 350+ days a year. Wonder if they might be a different clone? I've seen some pictures that get colors like yours and yet mine seems to only get reddish tips in the winter months. Thanks for sharing...

o

Thanks.. Im really hoping that it stays that colour I love it .. At the moment they are indoors once this weather sorts itself out I will put them outside :)

Gill I got the bigger one from The Range.. by chance I was in there one day and there it was! I haven't seen one anywhere else even in the nurseries

I have seen gollum in Homebase too.. in tiny pots

If you want a hobbit let me know.. I have one that was a cutting off my bigger one, if you email me your address I will post it to you tomorrow :)

Nikki

o
I forgot to add

The smaller one I ordered from ebay, a seller in Germany, I also ordered a crosbys compact, I am addicted I think lol .. I will post a pic when it has recovered from its journey :)

o

Nikki, yes the ones I've seen in Homebase were indeed very small, the Gollum I bought was one of those but it has grown a heck of a lot this past year and is a nice size now. I'll get round to posting some pics soon! These things are rather addictive I agree..lol. Keeps us out of mischief though so it can't be all that bad for us can it?
I'm not familiar with 'The Range' but on googling it's similar to Homebase I gather...a new one is opening some 15 miles or so from here some time in 2012... the nearest one currently is 20mls away in Burton on Trent. I feel a garden centre day looming real soon! lol!
Thanks for the chance of the Hobbit, will look forward to him!
Cheers, Gill....from up North this time!!!

o

Wow Nikki! That is quite a difference I'd say.

They are both absolutely beautiful. Good work and thanks for sharing. I love the colors.

Mike

o

Great 'Hobbits'!
They're very thick and compact.
My plants won't have that kind of color until later in the Summer.

Josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here