Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
"The Gathering of Succulents" Lets see some of your repots.

Posted by hijole 9 Sunny California (aguilerag2@aol.com) on
Wed, Apr 23, 14 at 12:55

Hello all you cacti & succulent lovers out there I know you've been thinking about posting a new potting or repotting project let us see them plz.

This is one I've had that were all in separate pots and I joined them together to celebrate spring. Lets see what's new in your garden.

Greg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: "The Gathering of Succulents" Lets see some of your repots.

Greg, they are beautiful together, lovely colours, and the pot is just perfect.

o

Just thought I'd share this, it's the blooming flowers of Aeonium Kiwi I cut them back and thought, hey lets see how this looks here just a idea before it goes to the compost pile.

Thanks marguerite, I liked the colors also, I'm planning on filling it in some more with some nic nacks.
Wow! Do you live in Ireland?

Greg

o

Just a little one...

Christopher

o
One more...

Cereusly...

o

Here are a few of mine:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/u48z2yzxsr1wvep/jBfgD5QEUC

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/nwocjr98m7ytg4e/841RRoLF7R

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/fnwrv9xn7angjn4/FraDDLGzE-

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pzul0wm7sziuf9u/OVhxeNtgIv

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9hnyjf0vfekbj5o/kgUbO7nIF6

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/5vvdfpfpzdocnyx/pget34Ge8e

This one had it's first bloom today.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/yydgr6m7znewgmt/bdXvO1uZ49

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/nog37ernq6id1eg/yswMQHCRaI

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ymyk1cqtyrbmlkg/PRqTQ6P-vH
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/4a8jq0mfqq1hnag/yQvOea09DO

Moved a lot of these around lately or dug them out altogether.
Kathi

o

Shoot,i thought the picture would show.Dropbox is supposed to be easier,and better~~~~~~~~~~~~~~wonder who said that??

Sorry I guess i'll have to move them to PB,darn it!!
Kathi

o

Its friday and I'm in the gardening mood :) aren't they looking good at this time of year?

Lets us see some of yours real soon.

Greg

o
RE: "The Gathering of Succulents" Lets see some of you

I put several babies in a big pot I had. Don't know if they will enjoy each other sharing the pot in the long run, but I thought I'd try something different.

This post was edited by Crenda on Fri, Apr 25, 14 at 16:13

o

Crenda, I love community pots & I also think they do like the idea too, nice aloes you have there or are those called hawthornias? Either way they look happy in there and thanks for sharing.

Greg

o

Omg... This isn't mine but I wish it was I found it on FB I believe its Succulent Perch'es. And this is one reason I love succulents & cacti because they'll grow anywhere.

Greg

o

Starting at the quarter and going clockwise - NOID, Aloe 'Pink Blush', Aloe 'Firebird' (descoingsii x thompsoniae), Gasteria 'Little Warty', and Gasteraloe 'Green Ice.' At least those are the names that were on the tags!

This NOID was a stray leaf that was in another plant I had purchased. It sprouted roots and has grown, so based on the size of the original leaf, I think it will be a nice size. I just want them to all play nice! LOL

o

OK - I'll play. I haven't repotted it yet, but just sprayed it in the shower to mimic a tropical rainstorm and wanted to share it with you - Euphorbia Lactea 'Cristata' aka Candelabra, Dragon Bones, Elkhorn

That is NOT a graft. I brought this plant home from my mother's Caribbean garden as a straight Euphorbia, then it lost its mind!! Apparently, that's the way it grows. The plant grows from its center and within its undulations, creating bigger ruffles.

My mom has this plant growing under a living room window and it has reached past the sill both in height and width!! The plant is gigantic, and just as twisted and undulated. Absolutely beautiful!

o

From the top...

o

LatinLady, All I can say is WOW! what a beauty she is to bad she lost her mind. That is one gorgeous plant.
I can see a pretty nice collection of others in the back ground too that look nice.

Greg

o

Indeed I am in Ireland, Greg. I realise now, looking at your lovely pots and the others here, how important the pots are for visual impact - particularly in the case of succulents and cacti. I loved that old car with the cactus, I don't suppose you see many of those.

o

Marguerite, Location, location, location... Lol.. But yes your right the pots are just as important as the plants themselves and oh what a difference a pot can make. I think I'll make a new post here titled " My cacti have gone to Pot" Lol... Well at least some of them have the others are in the ground.

Well as far as the new picture I can't say it enough, I just love the colors on these plants and oh yes the pots are stunning too.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend and oh did I mention we got some April showers last night and woke up to a California sun shiney day :)
Greg

o

I may have to venture into the world of combined pots. Yours look great, Greg! (I've always worried about having to tote them in quickly if a hurricane is headed my way.)

This isn't exactly a pot. I have some large hunks of interesting coral in my landscape. The holes are just screaming for something to be planted in them. They drain exceptionally well, so I have started with some burro's tail in this spot.

o

Crenda, that looks very nice, I like the colored rock mixed with the burro tails, they compliment each other real good.

Heres a shot of some succulents I resently planted in the ground, I like the many colors but I'm serious I want to set up something similar to your display next.
Well good night yawl, Greg

o

Just one more before I hit the hay, the orange flower is an orchid called poormans orchid, No relation. And on the floor is a small mexican fence post that recently was chopped up because of some fungus so I planted it in this small pot surrounded by firecracker trucalli behind them all.

Greg

o

Here's something I've been working on....not really colorful right now, though. This is in my fenced flower garden, at the base of an oak tree, so the area is fairly dry. I moved some Sempervivum to fill in the open spaces. Should be awesome this Summer.

Josh

o

Looking good guys.Greg,what other colors do you have that epidendrum in?? I have that orange,yelloe,red and lavender.Do you know if it comes in white?

Josh,those semps should fill in nicely,i have a bunch of those in those stacking planters.
Tfs
Kathi

o

Josh nice looking display there can't wait to see the way it turns once everything get's bigger.

Kathi, thanksm I think I've seen it in white but I only have the orange colored one. You know what I've noticed is that closer by the beach these epi's bloom like 4 times that size and I can't seem to make mine get that big 35 miles away any tips on that?

Thanks, Greg

o

Sorry Greg,don't know what to tell you.I do live along the coast and mine bloom ALL year long,not as profusely as they do now,but they are never without a bloom.

Yesterday In wally world I picked up these good size disco type easter eggs,they were 75% off so less than a dollar for a pack of 2,so I got 2 pkgs to hang in the garden and on the patio .In the garden I hung them from the shepards hooks,and on the patio they just hang off hooks.Look nice and sparkly blowin' around in the sun/wind.

Always looking for more stuff for the gardens.
Kathi

PS greg,if you want some of the other colors,of the epis,just say the word,i'd be happy to share.

o

Thanks Kathi, actually I would like some of the other colors when you can spare some, I would love some cuttings. WoW!!! all year long blooms I don't know what it is with mine I'm just now starting to get some blooms on mine and I fertilize it and try to create a humid jungle atmosphere for them and they only bloom like once a year. I need some help I guess.

Nice find on those disco type easter eggs too how about a picture of them when you get a chance.

Greg

o

Glandulicactus uncinatus seedlings repotted. I had a helluva time untangling these hook spined little rascals from one another to get the job done. I'm hoping for flowers this year.

o

Ok so heres a little color for this monday afternoon in my garden, enjoy your week

Greg

o

Ok so heres a little color for this monday afternoon in my garden, enjoy your week

Greg

o

Greg

o

My favorite colorful bunch at the moment. Sedum adolphii. No idea why they are taking turns in turning red, but I like it!

o

I make tiny succulent gardens in unusual containers..

o

I call them Little Gems.

o

Here's another.

o

lakim, i really enjoyed seeing these ideas which added a little inspiration to my mind thank you for sharing.

Greg

o

Thanks, Greg. Here's a little bird house I put together.

o

My mother used to collect Royal Doulton character mugs. I think she would have loved what I've done with this one.

o

lakim,
I like all those little gems.

Looks like no one copied and pasted any of mine,i know it's a pain,but you're missing out!1

I have to figure dropbox out.Sorry for the inconvience.
kathi

o

I have adding succulents to my garden in different spots where I want interest.

o

o

o

• Posted by bob61 8a shreveport (My Page) on
    Mon, May 5, 14 at 6:48

Lots of beautiful plants got a new home I see. I just planted this strawberry pot I got as a Christmas present.

o

Some nice ideas and inspirations from all! loved looking through the post. very nice indeed.

o

Bob61, I just had to add this one to go with your strawberry pot, I put this one together right at the beginning of Spring. I too like all the nice was that everyone has shared, HEY WHEN YOUR HOOKED! Your HOOKED! Lol...

brunilda very nice also, its amazing what we can put together to make our own private gardens.

I'm about to go outside and put a shovel in my hand, let see what comes to mind :)

Greg

o

These pics are great! A lot of the pics are planted in glazed ceramic pots. Do they all have drainage holes or can I use some that don't?

o

Treehugger, Thank you, Well I can say this about the last pic of the "LARGE CUP" and the first pic on this post, those both have drainage holes however I have used some that don't have any holes and it does make a difference, They just don't seem to look strong and healthy, I think you can get away with it if you don't mind rotating them more often than at least once a year.

Greg

o

Drainage holes are a must in Florida since we get a lot of rain in the summer. In fact I put a course layer of gravel in the bottom of all my plants so they don't get root rot.

o

Great pictures,great plants!here is mine 3 years ago,now the plants are scarily big and the pot is not so neat and tidy anymore.....
 photo 100_1266.jpg

o

Angellily - Love your ferocious lizard in the center! I have a folder of "photobombs" by lizards and toads. This guy hopped on my Aloe 'Snowstorm' when I was trying to take a picture. LOL

o

kathi_mdgd - unfortunately dropbox is not the best for linking images because it links to an image within a dropbox frame page rather than the actual image. if i copy your links i can totally see them within the dropbox frame page.

I do love dropbox for other things like easy upload of files and sharing with family.

great pics though! :)

o

lakim - love the seashells! i have a couple too, i should post mine.

angellilly - I have one with a grasshopper and one with a hummingbird i should upload. :)

hijole - i finally got a teacup! i need to plant something in it. :)

BrunildaFl - i really like what you did with that corner in your garden, very creative!

o

Chicago,thanks for that info.I went back to photocopier today.

Greg,I bought 2 big teacups last week and planted them on Sunday.I'll have to snap a picture and show you.mine came with a saucer,and the drain holes already in them.Got them for just a couple dollars each at a new discount store we recently got here,that is part of the Ross chain of stores.Another great bargain store,with a little of everything in it.
Kathi

o

Crenda, that Aloe is gorgeous!!!!!(forget about the lizard,hahaha)
chicagardens, please do!id love to see them!

o

Ok Ladies let's see them Tea cups fill um up quickly please :)

Crenda, Lol... I thought I was about to see a GIECO commercial, looks nice to great shot and thxs for sharing.

Kathi,Can't wait for you to post your tea cups and if we can get somemore of the forum to get a cup maybe we can all meet for Tea one day in the garden web site, Can anyone drink to that?

angellilly, Nice group of aloes you have there 0r is it had there? If they've grown to big maybe you could separate some of them a grap a Tea cup and join us in our tea party, Lol.. :)

Greg

o

Heres and oldie I put together about a year ago, lets see I think I named this one the " Don King" of succulents lol..

Greg

o

I like "the Don King" of succulents!

I did something similar, but I didn't choose my plant wisely. He now has dreadlocks covering his face. I think this pot looks like Sgt. Schultz on Hogan's Heroes! LOL

o

Crenda, I like those dreads & I can see the resemblance hahaha nice and thick hair too.

Kathi, I'm just throwing this comment in here about the plant with the ted berries, its this one the Aloe plicatilis, I really like this one too and I'm about to plant him in the ground real soon since I have 4 of them :)

Greg

o

Greg and Crenda,i love "don king" and "dreadlocks".My hope is to someday to find a good size pot that's a head and plant some of that blonde grass in it.Greg since you're in s.ca I'm sure you know the name of the grass I'm speaking of,either that or a donkeys tail.

I planted my teacups the other day,just forgot to take a picture of them,will have to remedy that in the next day or so.
kathi

o

Kathi_mdgd, Etsy has a TON of head planters in all different prices. Maybe you will find what you want for the grasses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Head Planters

o

Thanks treehugger,I'll have to go take a look.I've been wanting a "head" plantar for a long time
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here