Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunburned Jade Tree

Posted by annie_712 4-Rochester (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 12:56

I have 14 year old jade tree.The weather here warmed up and I put it outdoors, before the trees were leafed out. Needless to say it got direct sunlight and now the leaves are sunburned and shriveled and slowly dropping off. I am very bummed out. I love this plant. Should I removed the sunburned leaves, give it water and will it come back? I am so mad at myself. I just don't want to lose this beauty. It has a very special meaning to me. Thanks to anyone that can help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunburned Jade Tree

If it's a Jade (Crassula ovata), all the leaves will grow back. No worries :-)

Josh

o

Anne, as Josh says, it will come back. Keep doing what you're doing and the sunburned leaves will die, but new leaves will replace them. If you wanted to, you could preemptively remove the burned leaves. As long as it's not too warm and too humid your plant's going to grow.

For the care of your Crassula ovata shrubbery, may I recommend you do a search here for those posts with perhaps more than 10 responses - your plant will thank you for the preventive maintenance.

o

Thanks so much for the advice, Josh and Cactus! I really appreciate it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here