Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathi_mdgd

Update #2

kathi_mdgd
12 years ago

Hi everyone,

First of all thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts you've sent up for Dh.Those have really helped!!

Yesterday they moved him to Acute Rehab where he will be until he comes home,which could be as soon as monday.

He is doing Very Well all things considered,and he looks very good also.Yesterday when i got there they had already taken him outside to walk and walk up some steps and the ramps.Then they walked him around the halls,had him doing that step thing(think denise austin)He was able to answer all their questions,that they asked etc.They still won't let him get up and go to the bthroom on his own yet and things like that,he has to ring for the nurse as they say he's still at risk of falling,but they are working on that as well.

He was thrilled that they let him take a shower,with assistance,he had been telling them for 2 days that he wanted a shower,so he got it yesterday,and he was a happy camper!!

I took him up some clothes yesterday as they want him to get up and get dressed everyday,even though the only place he is going is for therapy,no laying around in bed,and that's a good thing,and he appreciates that as he was always busy around the house.

They removed his turban and the surgery center looks good,the cut is only about 1 1/2 inches long,and is healing quite well.

I also took him his I Pad yesterday and he emailed me this morning and told me not to come until after 2pm as they have him scheduled for a lot of therapy today.

So as you can see things are moving along very nicely,Praise The Lord!!!

Again thanks for all the prayers and support.

Kathi

Comments (12)

• hijole
    12 years ago

Kathi mdgd, It's good to hear that God is still in the healing business.

Greg

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Greg,thanks for your prayers and support.I havn't forgotten you posted an email to me,just havn't had the time to reply yet.I really appreciate your thoughts though.Will get back to you when time permits,i'm sure you understand.
    Thanks Kathi

• nikki702
    12 years ago

Glad to hear your husband is making a speedy recovery Kathi thanks for updating us.. I hope he continues to make good progress

Nikki x

• hijole
    12 years ago

Kathi, No worries just take care of Hubby that can come later.

Greg

• whip1 Zone 5 NE Ohio
    12 years ago

Kathi,
    That's great news that your husband is doing well after surgery!

Rob

• rosemariero6
    12 years ago

Whoops-guess I should've looked for a post from Kathi first... since I was working on a flooring project all day & didn't find her email updates until a few minutes ago.

Sorry I was so late getting it up here, Kathi, but glad you had a few minutes to post yourself.

So glad to hear your hubby is doing so well.! =D

• pennyhal
    12 years ago

Now that's good news! Some food and a shower does a man good!

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    12 years ago

That's wonderful news. We're happy for you!

• rosemariero6
    12 years ago

I received another email (4/18) from Kathi...passing along the news:

Here's the latest update!!!
    My husband's neurologist called me this afternoon and told me they needed to take him back to surgery, as he had another clot and bleeding in his brain. I've been up there all afternoon and just got home at 1:30 AM PCT. He came out of surgery around 12:30 am. Seems to be more alert than he was the last time, and not as drugged up. He now has a shunt in place to drain the blood.
    We (my DIL and I) just stayed about a half hour, then he insisted we go home and get some rest.
    I didn't want to leave until I knew he would be ok, and Praise the Lord it looks like my prayers have been answered, however I'll continue to keep the prayers going up. God always has time to listen!!
    Thanks you all for the prayers and good thoughts you've sent up so far on his behalf. By the way, his name is Eddie.

Of course, we'll continue positive thoughts Eddie will return home for recuperation soon, Kathi. Stay strong, girl...and get some rest!
  • kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another update.

They released him from the hospital late friday afternoon,and so far so good.He seems to be doing very well all things considered,no pain,is able to walk on his own without stumbling or anything.

Tomorrow we go for a follow up with our family dr,and on thursday we go for a F/U with his surgeon/neurologist>He's hoping they will take out the staples(has 18 on his skull.

For now he's limited as to what he can do,but is very strong so i don't think he'll have any problems.Therapist came here both saturday and subday,and they can't believe how well he's doing.

So thank you all for your thoughts,prayers,and good wishes.We appreciate them all
    Kathi

• rosemariero6
    11 years ago

Oh so good to hear, Kathi!! With all those staples, are you calling him "Frankie" these days? LOL I had to laugh when other words besides "follow up" came to mind seeing those letters! I'll bet you are happy to have him home again! Continued good thoughts for swift recovery back to normal!

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rosemarie,
    First off, thank you for your help and support,as i didn't have time to get here with updates and such.

DH is doing amazingly well,no one except those that saw him as he went thru all this,believes he came thru it all so well.Praise the Good Lord and his Team of doctors.Even the dr's were and are surprised that he is doing so well.Then again as they say he was in good shape to begin with for a man of his age.Strong as a horse.

We went this AM to watch our GS run track,this is his first time doing any sports in school.He did well all things considered,first time and all.His older sister is in everything,sometimes i wonder where she has time to fit her school work in,but she does.They are both A students,and make us soooooooo proud of them.

Thank you all your prayers,and support during this past month,they are/were greatly appreciated.
    Kathi