Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenclaws

My C&S collection, pic heavy, sorry!

I've been around the houe and g/h snapping away at my c&s today and here they are...

my 4 larger 8inch or so Adenium obesums

{{gwi:342477}}

{{gwi:342478}}

{{gwi:342480}}

{{gwi:342481}}

seedling Ad. obesums

{{gwi:342241}}

seedling Ad. arabicums

{{gwi:342240}}

NOID Stapelias from cuttings

{{gwi:531348}}

Agave attenuata and NOID Echeveria

{{gwi:531349}}

Burro Tail, Sedum morganianum

{{gwi:531350}}

Saguaro?? cactus from seed approx 15yrs old

{{gwi:531351}}

Crassula ovata

{{gwi:496309}}

Crassula ovata

{{gwi:531352}}

my new Crassula addition, 'Hobbit', thanks to Nikki

{{gwi:531353}}

Hummel's Sunset and Crosby's Compact Jades

{{gwi:531354}}

NOID Crassula, 'Gollum' Crassula and Pink Jelly Bean..Sedum rubrotinctum

{{gwi:531355}}

Thanks for looking.

Gill from the UK.

Comments (7)

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    12 years ago

OK Gill, how'd you get those first DR to get such large caudex? They are amazing... I doubt my seed will ever produce a nice plant like yours. Thanks for sharing.

Howard

• nikki702
    12 years ago

I love your plants Gill your Adeniums are lovely :)

Nikki

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello Howard, and thank you for commenting. To give you a better idea of scale, the plant in pic #1 is the tallest at 9inches high and it has a girth of 5inches measured from just above where the caudex divides, and plant #3 has a girth of 6inches taken at a similar point. I give them lots of water during the (so called!) warmer months and have kept watering all year round again as they have yet to go dormant. They usually get fed once a week during spring, summer and autumn and have smaller amounts of plain water in winter. I use whatever feed I have to hand, i.e. tomato, African Violet, general house plant or orchid food, nothing special. They live on a south facing windowcill all year round and I raise them up each spring when I re-pot. I did this last week when I bought these 4 new shallower terracotta pots, not realising how big the plants were I'm now wondering should I have bought bigger pots!!
    Oh yes, there is one 'lil guy I have named.....'Howard', he features as one of the 4 seedling Ad. obesums...can you spot him? Hope he grows big and strong as he's having a bit of a struggle at the mo!
    Gill from the UK.

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    12 years ago

Gill,
    Your plants are so nice.wonder why they don't go dormant?
    The ones I have are all leafless.
    The color on your jades is something I look forward to .
    Thanks for sharing
    Sharon

• deep___roots
    12 years ago

I like pic heavy.
    Thanks for sharing. Very nice items you have there.
    Your little corner of the UK looks quite pastoral.

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

AWESOME Gill...Love them all!! You're going a great job growing them...Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello Nikki, thanks for stopping by, 'Hobbit' has settled in to country life very well I might add! Hope the Cannas have adjusted to city life equally well!

Sharon, hi, I don't really know why my Adeniums don't go dormant as we dont keep the house that warm really....can't afford too!! We have the c/heating on when necessary and use a gas fire in the main room too, but rarely both all day, and neither at night, so I would say the plants experience great fluctuations in temps. I keep them on the windowcill which gets any sun there is and it has a radiator under it, so they would get extra heat from that I suppose. Combined with being watered all year round, maybe that is why they keep leafy? Yes, the Crassulas have coloured up really well this time.

Deep roots, thanks for your comments. Yes, we are certainly rural where we live, and I wouldn't swap it for the world!

Thanks Pug, glad you approve of my 'efforts' so far! Hope to get mine to the same stage as your big Adenium...think that's wishful thinking on my part though!
    Gill from the UK.