Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
omg! WHAT happened to my ghost plant!

Posted by KittieKAT Massachusetts (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 16:28

Ijust noticed my beautiful ghost plant has a hole in it!?!?! I searched for bugs but haven't found any sign?!?! And i looked it over and am seeing shriveled bruising that wasn't there before, it hasn't been watered in a while so i don't think its over or under watering, could this be a bug or an animal eating my plant and causing it to die!

PLEASE help my beautiful plant!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: omg! WHAT happened to my ghost plant!

Any ideas? Sorry shaky picture

o

Pls try for one FOCUSED pic, if you need to prop your hand holding the camera in place, or brace it, that might help.

The 2nd pic shows, nothing (sorry). Can't tell but it doesn't matter, care would be the same.

Am guessing mechanical damage from the hole, but can't see it well enough to tell.

o

Better focus will help for now in my opinion looks like over watered while it was in the cold for to long

o

Also that isn't ghost plant (Graptopetalum paraguayense). It is Graptopetalum pentandrum ssp. superbum. Just for future reference!

o

Yea i know its a supperbum, but i was guessing there all part of the ghost family guess I'm not a smarty pants! It. Grown in doors only by a nice sunny window, my first thought was a bird ora bug? The mushy side i was thinking some one knocked it over and picked it up so i wouldn't notice and just ISN'T going to come out and say it, or someone's been using my plant water and filling itup with sink water. I'll take better pics

o

This plant can't be over watered ir under watered it rarely gets watered enough for worry but itsa succulent i know it'll be fine, I'm worried someone's drinking my plant water and filling it up with sink water or someone dropped it or squeezed it, or its recovering from damage?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here