Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Attention Minnesota succulent collectors...

Posted by gennykins 4 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 16:44

Generally I am a lurker but feel compelled to share the best source of succulents I have found (and no, I do not own them or have have a financial interest in them). I drove to North Branch and spent an hour of heaven at Greenworld Greenhouses. Their selection is amazing-I managed to come home with a Cotyledon tomentosa, kalanchoes synsepala and synsepala disecta, crassula 'Gollum', and three gasterias. I also found out that he sells to some nurseries in the cities and he was the source of beautiful crassula streyi I purchased a couple of weeks ago and paid more for at another nursery. His prices are good - $3 for 2 inch pots and $5 for 4 inch pots. He has larger sizes as well. Once it warms up (ok, if), I will be going back.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Attention Minnesota succulent collectors...

I wish the Ooo of Jen still popped up here.....

And genny, both those Kalanchoes are really cool, aren't they, particularly the K. s. dissecta.

o

Love it - has the look of an agave, complete with red margins, and with runners to boot. I've been growing plants for years and have never seen anything like it! When I saw a big basket of it hanging from the rafters, my heart started a-thumping. I'm already regretting not picking up a couple more.

o

Oops - just realized it was the dissecta you were praising. Not so much looking like an agave but certainly deserving of its common name 'Elk Antlers'. I picked one out that had a few inches os exposed stem on the bottom. I'm hoping in time it may fan out - somewhat similar to a staghorn fern, perhaps.

o

Keep it warm during the winter months, or the leaves will burn from the cold. They look great in a hanging basket, as new leaves or heads start from runners. I saw this species displayed at the Huntington Gardends in Los Angeles, Pasadena Calif. it saves bench space and looks great. cover the stem with fresh mix it may then offset from the bottom. Norma Lewis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here