Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ffbste

Beautiful Hummel's Sunset Jade Plant

ffbste
12 years ago

Hi All. After many years of searching the UK, I have finally bought a large Hummels sunset jade. It is a real beauty and I would love to get a photo up on here to see what you all think but I don't know how to. Can anybody help me please?

Many thanks in advance :)

Comments (15)

• rosemariero6
    12 years ago

I suggest you open an account with Photobucket (it's free online hosting site-for limited use). I have written instructions in another post for how to post clickable thumbnails side-by-side, which may be helpful to you. There are, of course other ways you can post your photos using Photobucket (large pix, etc.). They have instructions there as well. Link below to the thread w/my instructions...might save you some time. Good luck! We'd love to see your plant!

~Rosemarie

Here is a link that might be useful: Instructions for Photobucket posting

• stonesriver
    12 years ago

Yesterday I posted step-by-step for both PhotoBucket and WebShots in the African Violet forum's Gallery. WebShots is also a free hosting service and very easy to use.

Hope they help.

Linda

• ffbste
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ok thanks guys, here goes....

{{gwi:532572}}
    {{gwi:532573}}
    {{gwi:532574}}
    {{gwi:532575}}

• ffbste
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ah, it worked!! Thanks Rosemarie and Linda, couldnt have done it without you. Ive also posted a pic of a green bonnie spider plant. I don't know about anywhere else, but they are ultra rare here in the UK. Hope you all like!
    Steve

• emerald1951
    12 years ago

Hi, I agree what a beauty....thanks for posting....

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    12 years ago

Excellent plant! Thanks for the pics!

Josh

• nikki702
    12 years ago

Very nice Hummel's Sunset.. where did you get it?

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    12 years ago

Mmmmmmh, I too was wondering that!!! Lovely plant you have found there, thanks for showing us.

Where abouts in our climatically challenged country are you?....We have gone from basking in cloudless skies and temps of 20C+ to snow and single digits. Spring, summer and winter within a week, sigh.
    Gill from the UK.

• nikki702
    12 years ago

The weather is a joke Gill, the clouds are just arriving over London I am so glad I didn't get tempted to put my plants out otherwise I would have been rushing to get them all back in again haha ..Hope you are well :)

• rosemariero6
    12 years ago

Glad to help, Click Here. :) Very nice (big) 'Hummel's Sunset"!

• paracelsus
    12 years ago

Great plant! I would consider rewarding it with a nice spring haircut. ;-)

Brad

• pennyhal
    12 years ago

Good looking plant. I usually don't see that big of a plant for sale.

• ffbste
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello All. Thanks everyone, glad you all like it. Yes the weather here in the UK has been very strange lately, I was on the river side on sunday enjoying the sun, now tuesday, were told to expect snow tomorrow lol. I live in Hull and have been looking in every garden center locally for years, and after a long search on the internet, I found a place called southfield nurseries in Lincolnshire that sold much smaller ones. It is a 2 hour drive from my home so I called and asked if they had any bigger ones, wich they did, but they won't deliver these as they are too big for transit. Luckily for me, they have a friend who also lives in Hull, and were visiting at the weekend, so they very kindly offered to take one to his house for me to pick up :) When I picked it up, it was just at the end of flowering, lots of dead flower at the end of each banch, really hope it flowers again next year. Does anybody have any tips on ensuring it does, and does anybody know, if I were to prune it slightly, is now a good time of year to do it?
    Kind regards,
    Steve.

• meyermike_1micha
    12 years ago

Steve...YAHOO!!!!

I hope it brings you years of pleasure along and you get many more babies from cuttings! You know, I live 1 hour from a place called Hull here too, and it almost snowed there yesterday after a week 2 weeks ago of the 80's. I hate my weather lately!

Congrats

Mike

• ffbste
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Haha, so here is not the only Hull in the world with unpredictable weather!! Hope you are well Mike and your ankle has fully recoverd :)

Nikki, I have just seen your pics you posted on here, did you also find it hard to get a hummel's in the uk?

Steve