Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some of my plants...

Posted by nikki702 London UK (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 3, 12 at 16:48

Here are some pics of my plants I took today, I am going to take more tomorrow and add them :) Hope you like them

Here is my biggest Jade recovering from a big whack lol

Photobucket

Crassula ovata gollum

Photobucket

Crassula ovata hobbit (dwarf)

Photobucket

Crassula ovata hummel's sunset

Photobucket

And another hummel's sunset

Photobucket

portulacaria afra variegata

Photobucket

Nikki :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some of my plants...

Haworthia Rugosa

Photobucket

New Gasteria I got today

Photobucket

o

Nice plants! I have a P. Afra too, and they're great plants. Easy to grow, not fussy, and their leaves kind of sparkle in the sun if they're variegated. :)

o

Nikki..I like them all. You are doing a great job with your plants. Thank you for sharing. I'll bet there are more here that will appreciate how beautiful they are than those that come and visit you, right?

What a joke. Most of my family and local friends have no appreciation for any of my succulents like those here. It is a shame. But at least they love the paradise garden in my back yard with the sound of the pond and solar night lights.lol

Mike

o

Nikki,
Thanks for sharing, I absolutely love that Gasteria.

Planto

o

Thank you for your comments, I will take some more pics later and post them.

When I have visitors they look at my plants in a strange way as they are EVERYWHERE lol at the moment I have my small plastic greenhouse in my living room because it is too cold to put it out onto my balcony at the moment.

My friends and family are not interested in cactus and succulent plants, the only succulent they have is a jade plant :)

Nikki

o

Hi Nikki, thanks for posting these. Very nice plants. Love your hummel's and afra. I too don't have a garden, or a balcony for that matter, but keep my hummel's under a large roof window in the bedroom. I hope this will be enough light for it to colour up nicely.
Steve.

o

PS, You left a comment on my thread showing my hummel's the other day asking where I got it from, it was from southfields nurseries (cactusland) in lincolnshire. They won't send a large one through the post but they do send smaller ones. I got one last year, about 9" high. Really nice little plant if you was interested in getting one :)

o

Hi Nikki, in answer to your ? on the other thhread, yes I am fine thanks and trust you are too!!
You have some great plants there, I really like your Hummels. Mine lost the colourful variegation it had last year when young and is now an overall colour. My two big jades have almost finished their annual flowering and look rather colourful themselves.
I will get round to taking some pics of mine and do a thread in the next day or so...I have one day off in the next 11 so goodness knows when that will be!
I agree that family/visitors often don't appreciate my plants either, they think I've lost the plot especially as I grow palms, adeniums, brugs and other tropicalesque stuff.
Weather been crazy up here here today, horizontal snow for 10 hours, no electric in next village, roads near here blocked, but it's freezing now so it'll be ice in the morning no doubt. Last week it was shorts weather, temp 24c in shade and 36c in full sun!!! Mad English weather eh?
Cheers, Gill (from the UK of course!!)

o

Hi Steve, I have looked at cactusland before but I have too many plants lol can't order anymore (for now)

No snow here yet Gill .. I wouldn't be surprised to wake up to see London covered in it haha.. I just want the weather to settle so I can put the plants out and have my living room back!

My Hummel has kept more colour this year than previous for some reason.. I did take a few cuttings from it to send to some international friends who were finding it hard to source in their country.

Looking forward to our new shiny Adenium forum.. my babies seem to be doing better now I have repotted and bought a grow light.

Nikki :)

o

Hi & Wow!

Your plants look super healthy & well grown; especially compact growth, great color variance, really beautiful all, TFS. Don't recall seeing such tight growth very often, kind of impressive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here