Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID on two Euphorbia

Posted by bob61 8a shreveport (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 7, 14 at 17:50

Bought these a couple of days ago and would like to know if any one has an idea what they are. Thanks for your help.

Bob

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID on two Euphorbia

Euphorbia enopla because it has longer red spines as coma red to its look-alike E. anoplia. On the right might be E. horrida. Both are very nice.

Howard

o

• Posted by bob61 8a shreveport (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 7, 14 at 20:19

Thanks Howard
I don't know much at all about Euphorbias. Horrida must be variable. all the pics seem to only show the silver gray form. Most of the pictures don't give you an idea about size.

Bob

o

The "white" form is E. horrida 'Snowflake'

Google "Euphorbia horrida major"

o

I found a really neat site for ID'en Euphorbia. I am learning a lot on this site. Better than any book about them. Also most Cactus and Succulents. They are just beginning and need our help to fill in.
http://www.cactus-art.biz/schede/EUPHORBIA/photo_gallery_euphorbia.htm
E. horrida takes up to 5 years to bloom so it may be another type. There are many horride hybrids.
Stush

o

Howard and Greg

Thanks for your info. This has helped me out quite a bit. I looked at the web site Greg and it is one I have been using for a while but didn't think of checking out Euphorbias on it.

Bob

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here