Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Epiphyllums beginning to bloom

Posted by ladylotus Z3/4 ND (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 27, 14 at 17:54

My epiphyllums are beginning to show all their glory. My greenhouse smells wonderful. Here are a few photos.

This is Tiny Flame. It was my first epi to bloom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Epiphyllums beginning to bloom

Here is an unknown that really is putting out a lot of blooms.

o

Here is another unknown. The flower is HUGE. It measure 9 1/2 inches. Just gorgeous.

o

and...my last one for today is Lotto a beautiful small flowering yellow.

o

Those are all gorgeous.Mine are starting to bloom also.Can't wait for the one on the front porch to start opening,it has 15 buds on it.

All of yours are different than the ones I have.
Tfs
Kathi

o

Thank you Kathi. I got a little over excited and ordered a lot of cuttings from all over including Europe. I did not think I would get all of them to grow BUT...every single one rooted and is putting out a lot of growth right now. I can hardly wait to see them all bloom next spring. I have quite a few more buds and cannot wait to see them all bloom.

What is the name of the variety on your front step? I would love to see photos of everyones epi blooms.

o

Just lovely!
I purchased one last year. I think it's just a
white one. The plant itself has really grown
over the last year. I can't wait for a bloom.
Karen

o

Ladylotus,
You stated "my greenhouse smells wonderful."
Are you saying that some epis are fragrant? Do tell...

o

Ladylotus, what a nice collection of Epis you've got there, I have only two colors a magenta & preach color but I must say they are both brilliant. I must comment on tiny flame, he made a BIG impact on me, he's looks very impressive.

Greg

o

This is the one I called preach colored, ok, so I might be a little offf, what would you call this color?

Thanks, Greg

o

That 1st unknown is beautiful. Wish I had one like that... It reminds of circus, one that I've been wanting to find

o

Hey guys/gals,

Thank you for all the wonderful comments.

Karen, I hope your white one blooms for you this spring/summer. They sure are beautiful! Do you know the name of your white one?

Seedmoney, oh yes so far the unknowns and Lotto are very fragrant. Sadly, I did not even smell Tiny Flame to see if it is fragrant. I have a lot more buds on Tiny Flame so I will check and report back.

Greg, you made me laugh out loud at your color description of preach. It looks dark pink to me and very very beautiful. Thank you for sharing the photos. It looks like you have more buds that you will be enjoying as well.

Chrisware, Tiny Flame is a little fella and it is a very nice blooming epi. It seems to be one of the first ones to bloom for me. If you are referring to Circus Circus...that is a large flowered epi. I'm hoping to see mine bloom yet this spring also. When it does I will post a photo.

Happy gardening all. I hope you share your epi photos as they bloom.

o

One of mine bloomed last night.

o

CW looks gorgeous. Did it have a fragrance?

o

Very little. Still open today. As well as this rat tail cactus.

o

Oh I am in love his morning, opeNing these wonderful pictures! They are all so pretty!!!

Thank you LadyLotis for starting this topic! It has made my day. I have two, that are yet to bloom. How long would you say it took from cutting to bloom?
Thanks everyone for sharing!

o

CW love your rat tail cactus. Only problem with those are all the dawg gone spines. The bloom is beautiful.

Teisa, thank you. It depends on the maturity/size of the cutting. Some of my cuttings bloomed a couple blooms the first year. But most of them take a couple years to bloom.

I am glad you enjoyed the photos.

o

Gorgeous pictures!!! Mine is blooming as well I believe it's some kind of hybrid but I still don't know it's name.

o

I have one that has 15 buds on it,can't wait for it to open,should be in the next few days.It got blown over the other day,but only one pad got broken,and there was no bud on that one.

I have some echinopsis that are starting to open as well.
Kathi

o

I'm very new here, I loved the colors and the sizes of these blooms, are they cacti or succulents, now I want to add Epis to my collections(Plumerias, Orchids and Cactuses)!!!! I do have a couple of Christmas C. and an Euphorbia Crestata, is anyone familiar with It? But I do want to find one or two Epis, where did you find these beauties?
I'll be waiting to know!!!!
Annamaria

o

WOW there ALL So beautiful, everyone has such beautiful flowering plants and some soon to flower!!
I'm really digging that rat tail cacti that is beautiful!

I'm totally inn awww and Jealous of YOU ALL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here