Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hijole

Things are POPPING in the garden:

hijole
9 years ago

I really like this fire cracker cacti and all the Arizona colors it adds to any garden plus its a good conversation piece too.

Enjoy, Greg

Comments (12)

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thought I'd give another view of what's Popping in California, and for those who are still experiencing snow & cooler temps spring is on its way.

Greg

• ladylotus
    9 years ago

Greg, your fire cracker cactus is absolutely beautiful! I really love the orange/red coloring the plant is showing in your photos. Does it display this color all summer long?

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ladylotus, thank you, these fire crackers really live up to there name and depending on the lighting turn different colors also, I've seen them turn pink & lime green. It will stay red tones most of the year.
    I've actually called mine the Burning Bush :)

Greg

• cactus_cowboy
    9 years ago

Euphorbia tirucalli is a succulent, not a cactus. Nice garden.

• bob61
    9 years ago

Greg Your garden is beautiful. Your hard work has paid off. I especially like the ice plants in the last picture. At least I think that is what they are. We can't get things like that here and I don't know enough about them to know what to order.

Bob

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Looks like I'm out west but I cleared out a section in the back yard and I rolled in a wagon wheel to my decor.

Bob 61 You guessed it right! Ice plant indeed I really like that bright orange color the best I'm trying to get it to spread out some more it makes a really nice border around cactus & succulents.

Greg

• aztcqn
    9 years ago

Nice garden, Greg! The firecracker is quite eye-catching.
    Where does one get a wagon wheel for the garden?

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks Aztcqn, yeah that fire cracker caught my eye since day one and I still enjoy it to this day thanks. As far
    as the wheel goes that's a good question I have a friend who cleans real estate properties and he gave it to me, he said here you need this around your yardwith your landscape. I said wow thanks, No problem he said I actually was about to take it to the dump with everything else.

I really like the character it adds to the cacti & succulents but then again I'm hooked on them anyway :)

Greg

• aztcqn
    9 years ago

IT really does add to the character of your nice garden. Lucky to have connections. ;]
    I've actually had the idea of a wagon wheel for my garden, for a while and was hoping you got yours at a "Wheel World" or something.
    :]
    Also, great way to use an old truck!

This post was edited by aztcqn on Wed, Apr 30, 14 at 14:41

• Maria Elena (Caribbean - USDA Zone 13a)
    9 years ago

Greg,

I think YOU are popping in the garden!! Beautiful displays all over the boards.

Today is my birthday, so feel free to send me anything... anything at all from your garden.

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

LatinLady, Well happy birthday to you... And yes we do celebrate birthdays here on the garden web, and let me give you a virtual gift of a picture of one of my favorite agaves.

Your right, I am popping in the garden :) & I'm having a great time too.
    So what about giving us your real name besides your handle on your B/D ?
    Lol.. And the picture of that old truck isn't mine, I wish, but that's just one of the reasons I enjoy cacti & succulents, they'll grow ANYWHERE!

Greg

• Maria Elena (Caribbean - USDA Zone 13a)
    9 years ago

Very nice...Thank you! You have such a lovely garden...Keep growing!

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio