Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hijole

Things are POPPING in the garden:

hijole
10 years ago

I really like this fire cracker cacti and all the Arizona colors it adds to any garden plus its a good conversation piece too.

Enjoy, Greg

Comments (12)

• hijole
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thought I'd give another view of what's Popping in California, and for those who are still experiencing snow & cooler temps spring is on its way.

Greg

• ladylotus
    10 years ago

Greg, your fire cracker cactus is absolutely beautiful! I really love the orange/red coloring the plant is showing in your photos. Does it display this color all summer long?

• hijole
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ladylotus, thank you, these fire crackers really live up to there name and depending on the lighting turn different colors also, I've seen them turn pink & lime green. It will stay red tones most of the year.
    I've actually called mine the Burning Bush :)

Greg

• cactus_cowboy
    10 years ago

Euphorbia tirucalli is a succulent, not a cactus. Nice garden.

• bob61
    10 years ago

Greg Your garden is beautiful. Your hard work has paid off. I especially like the ice plants in the last picture. At least I think that is what they are. We can't get things like that here and I don't know enough about them to know what to order.

Bob

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Looks like I'm out west but I cleared out a section in the back yard and I rolled in a wagon wheel to my decor.

Bob 61 You guessed it right! Ice plant indeed I really like that bright orange color the best I'm trying to get it to spread out some more it makes a really nice border around cactus & succulents.

Greg

• aztcqn
    9 years ago

Nice garden, Greg! The firecracker is quite eye-catching.
    Where does one get a wagon wheel for the garden?

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks Aztcqn, yeah that fire cracker caught my eye since day one and I still enjoy it to this day thanks. As far
    as the wheel goes that's a good question I have a friend who cleans real estate properties and he gave it to me, he said here you need this around your yardwith your landscape. I said wow thanks, No problem he said I actually was about to take it to the dump with everything else.

I really like the character it adds to the cacti & succulents but then again I'm hooked on them anyway :)

Greg

• aztcqn
    9 years ago

IT really does add to the character of your nice garden. Lucky to have connections. ;]
    I've actually had the idea of a wagon wheel for my garden, for a while and was hoping you got yours at a "Wheel World" or something.
    :]
    Also, great way to use an old truck!

This post was edited by aztcqn on Wed, Apr 30, 14 at 14:41

• Maria Elena (Caribbean - USDA Zone 13a)
    9 years ago

Greg,

I think YOU are popping in the garden!! Beautiful displays all over the boards.

Today is my birthday, so feel free to send me anything... anything at all from your garden.

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

LatinLady, Well happy birthday to you... And yes we do celebrate birthdays here on the garden web, and let me give you a virtual gift of a picture of one of my favorite agaves.

Your right, I am popping in the garden :) & I'm having a great time too.
    So what about giving us your real name besides your handle on your B/D ?
    Lol.. And the picture of that old truck isn't mine, I wish, but that's just one of the reasons I enjoy cacti & succulents, they'll grow ANYWHERE!

Greg

• Maria Elena (Caribbean - USDA Zone 13a)
    9 years ago

Very nice...Thank you! You have such a lovely garden...Keep growing!