Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ice plant!!!

Posted by stanofh (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 20, 14 at 18:23

Lampranthus spectabilis,I think. Hayward Ca.

photo IMG_0345_zps45087e79.jpg
 photo IMG_0344S_zps986e3b62.jpg
 photo IMG_0331_zpsf0a31a98.jpg
 photo IMG_0330SS_zpse9bff0a7.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ice plant!!!

Beautiful,we see a lot of that here in calif.Love all the colors it comes in also.
Kathi

o

Thanks Kathy. I think,It actually looks better in narrow strips like these then over wider spaces like a lawn replacement. Just my opinion.

o

I agree Stan.By the way,I spent today t a king a Stroll down memory lane again,by way of the cottage garden forum,and I saw in one of my older posts that. You were at one point looking for a red epidendrum Did you ever find one??.If not and are still interested shoot me an email and I can share some with you.I have red,yellow,orange and lavender..
Kathi

o

Sounds great. And If I can return the favor in something you collect,I will.

o

Do you know what is the tree behind, with red flowers? (in 2nd photo).

Thnx. Rina

o

Nice! These are the ice plants I have but I don't know their name.

This post was edited by Sundewd on Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 11:08

o

I have a window sill full of this and love the constant blooms. The plant is botanically known as Aptenia Cordifolia and the common name is Baby Sunrose and Heartleaf Ice Plant. It's used to fill in spaces and as ground cover and is a full sun succulent. The plant is easily propagated by cutting...each cutting will easily root. I've seen it in pink-purple magenta, red-purple fuchsia, lemon yellow, and white.

The fuchsia one is 'Red Apple'

o

Rina,i can't see the tree too well,but from what I see it looks like a "bottlebrush tree",just don't quote me on that,i could be wrong,and it wouldn't be the first time.
Kathi

o

Oop.I missed the question.Sorry Rina. Yes,that's Bottlebrush..and its been pruned often. If not,they look much like Weeping Willows here,and make trees.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here