Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Euphorbia Culture

Posted by bikerdoc5968 6 SE MI (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 9, 12 at 20:37

While I'm not a stranger to this genus, with so many plants from very different regions, it's hard to know how to care for all of them and just because a plant comes from a specific location doesn't mean its care is the same as others from the same location. Case in point, I just purchased Euphorbia alfredii and Euphorbia ankarensis. Both are from Madagascar, but I don't think they are grown to other Euphorbia from this island. I know they are from the northern end. If anyone can help me out with the "How To Grow...", I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Howard

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Euphorbia Culture

Hi Howard
I cannot help you there but am hoping to see some pix of these neat sounding plants as soon as you get them established, I love Euphorbias and it is a treat to see other peoples plants as there are so many different types of plants out there.
Thanks, Ronda >^..^<

o

Bikerdoc… can you tell me how the E. Alfredii is doing? I've found very little info on the web. I have one arriving in few days and I want to "treat her right". ;)

o

Euphorbia alfredii is pretty easy going. When it begins to leaf out in the spring just increase the watering. In late fall, the leaves may begin to yellow and I back off with the water so it gets very minimal moisture through our Michigan winters. Since you haven't indicated your general location, it's hard to give specifics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Succulent Euphorbias

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here