Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
leave them in this?

Posted by cghpnd 7 / Virginia (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 21:36

Hey y'all. I got this little thing not long ago.
Should I keep it in that or put it in a bigger pot with cacti soil mixed with the stones? Any feed back is greatly appreciated. I'm so new to this. Does it stay small or will it get big? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: leave them in this?

No picture is showing

o

• Posted by cghpnd 7 / Virginia (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 13:19

Strange, ill post again. Thanks! Its in a 3 inch pot.

o

Personally, I would pot each one by itself. The haworthia (upper left corner) already pupped, so I would put those two together. I don't think that one gets very big, but it will pup more, so you will eventually need more room, unless you intend to separate the pups into their own pots.
Same goes for all of them: a Euphorbia enopla (?) in the upper right, a grapto/seda/ech-something in the lower right, and that cactus in the lower left.
For sure, I would pot the cactus by itself....it won't need as much water as the other succulents do.
If/when you repot, only go a wee bit bigger in pot size than each plant, and don't forget to use a quick draining mix.

Nancy

o

I agree with aboe advice. That pachyveria (?) will drown everything spacewise and cause rot. The cactus will have different requirements. All will be hapier in their own pots. The soil should be leaner for the cactus and Euphorbia, and richer for the pachyveria like plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here