Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
minimumy

Aeonium help please? wilting leaves ascending

minimumy
10 years ago

Hi all,

I'm a complete newbie to this forum and having plants.
I got this plant recently - it said Aeonium (and also sedum) on the label, I figure it's an Aeonium arboreum?
{{gwi:537151}}
There's been an increasing number of yellow, wilted leaves from the bottom up (other than that one sticking out up there). They turn yellow from the end furthest from the stem, then progress, shrivel, brown and fall off. Perhaps about 8-10 have fallen off in the past week. There are 3 main rosettes branching off the main stem, and there seem to be 2 beginnings of another 2 starting around the largest main rosette.

I've just repotted it last week and have watered it that once. The top of the soil now feels dry though. It sits in a pot in a balcony and gets direct morning sunlight, then gets shaded from the afternoon sun (but the balcony warms up quite a bit). It is under shelter, so doesn't get rainwater. I'm in Melbourne, Australia, and autumn has finally arrived - the weather changed from sunny 25 to rainy with high humidity, maxa 20 a few days after repotting, if that matters. There were already a couple of yellow wilted leaves before repotting which I removed.

I'm wondering if I have a problem (eg over/under-watering or disease), or this is by any chance a young plant growing up? Photos I see of more mature plants (if I got the right plant) seem to show a long and more woody looking stem, which appears to be what is happening towards the bottom of the stem with mine, while the top seems fresh, green and juicy.

Thanks heaps.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21