Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeepman69_gw

ID Please

jeepman69
12 years ago

I must be doing something right! My wonderful wife suprised me today with six new plants! The best part they were all plants I did not already have. I did not get pictures yet of 3 of them but will add sometime tomorrow. Here are some pictures I did get.

This first one I know is a Haworthia ssp. So I am pretty sure I will be able to track down the species name.

{{gwi:537682}}

This next one I am know is a Euphorbia ssp. but not sure on the species.

{{gwi:537684}}

This one I have no idea where to start looking. : )

{{gwi:537686}}

A close-up of the same plant.

{{gwi:537688}}

The other 3 plants were an Aloe 'hybrid' I am pretty sure, very rough textured leaves. A Barbedwire Cactus Acanthocereus pentagonus. I searched for about an hour to track that down. : ) The last one is a Sansevieria I had never seen before I think it might be Sansevieria kirkii. Nice hall for not going. She always picks things I would most likely have overlooked.

Thanks, in advance for help nailing down ID's on these.

Glenn

Comments (7)

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    12 years ago

Glenn,

H. venosa comes to mind, but if it's not truncata I don't know for certain what it is.

And that looks like Cissus quadrangularis.

• jeepman69
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Jeff! I think you nailed both of those. Now just to try to track down that Euphorbia.

Glenn

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Nice plants Jeepman,

That's Haworthia venosa tesselata (or tesselata venosa). One of my very first succulents & an old favorite, I especially like the pattern on the leaves. Handsome, easy care plant.

I agree about Cissus quad; a thought it quite a cool plant. Beware it can grow like wild. I got rid of mine after one year when it grew 14" in ONE year, at that rate it would have taken over my kitchen quickly.

• katluvr
    12 years ago

Hi Glenn,
    The Euphorbia is E.baioensis. I am not disagreeing with Jeff on the Haworthia , but another possibility could be H.tessellata it and H.venosa look very similar.
    Great looking plants! Ronda >^..^

• rosemariero6
    12 years ago

I agree with EVERYONE! LOL

Haworthia venosa ssp.tessellata
    Euphorbia baioensis
    Cissus quadrangularis

Nice haul, Glenn! Give your wife gold stars for her purchases! She did good!

Now...I am tapping my fingers waiting for those other pix!!

• jeepman69
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone!

Okay on these please remember I am just starting to try and ID my plants this year so if you think I got these wrong please speak up. : ) Or Rosemarie if goof up the spelling. : )

First is the Aloe hybrid, I am not sure of which one.
    {{gwi:537690}}

On this guy it is a pretty big plant and spans about 3 foot from tip to tip. I really like this plant and had never seen before. I think it is Sansevieria kirkii?
    {{gwi:537692}}
    Here is a close up of the same plant.
    {{gwi:537694}}

On this one my wife said she asked what it was but all they could tell her was it bloomed white flowers at night. At first when she told me that I thought Dragon Fruit, but when I saw it I knew it wasn't that. I think it is Barbed Wire Cactus and/or Acanthocereus pentagonus?
    {{gwi:537695}}

And just to get an idea of how big it is.
    {{gwi:537697}}

And here is just a random bloom I was greeted with today!
    {{gwi:537699}}

Thanks for looking,
    Glenn

• rosemariero6
    12 years ago

It looks like Aloe 'Silver Ridge' to me.

I think the Sans might have var. pulchra added to what you have already =)

Don't know the cactus....& can't look up what you think it is right now-so, maybe later.

Nice that guy bloomed for you!!