Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jade E.T's Fingers

Posted by plantman71 7b/8a (tcm6641@yahoo.com) on
Sat, Apr 20, 13 at 23:34

I have a pot of this jade. I did a search on it and I know less now than I did when I started. Some sites explained why it was different then Hobbit and Gollum, others said it was the same jade. This has more then likely been discussed before, but I don't fine it. Are they the same plant? If they are different I want to get both jades
Thanks, Tony

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jade E.T's Fingers

To the best of my knowledge, they are different. I recently sent one of each to someone on GW. They are cultivars, I believe, of a cross between C. argentea and C. lactea.

o

I have 'E.T's Fingers' jade, also known as 'Skinny Fingers' jade, which is slightly different from the regular 'Gollum' in that there are more thin pointed leaves. These are cultivars of Crassula ovata, not a cross.

Here is my one of my 'E.T.'s Fingers' or 'Skinny Fingers' this morning.

Christopher

o

This is my other one.

Christopher

o

Christopher is correct on all counts.
These two Finger Jades - 'Gollum' and 'Skinny Fingers' - are slightly different in their leaf-characteristics, notably the slender tips on 'Skinny Fingers' and the trumpeted/flared suction-cup tips on 'Gollum.'

Josh

o

Thanks for the help. I will be looking for Gollum and any others I don't have. Have gotten the Cactus and succulent bug.

o

Once you are infected, no cure. Sorry. Join the club.

Christopher

o

Same plant but skinny leaves, as far as I know. I also have the plant. Norma

o

Went store hopping yesterday. Came back with 9 new sedums including Purple Emperor. Also got 2 new Jades. Not marked. With your help I knew the one I got yesterday was E.T. The big pot I had that was marked E.T. was Gollum. There is a big difference in the looks of the jades. The other jade was marked Aloe something. Why do they bother to mark these plants if they can't do it right. I am thankful for my Search station and very thankful for this Forum. Tony

o

Here's mine on hypertufa pot...gary

o

Gary...that's one fine 'Gollum' with an incredible "pot"...very subtle. Superb shaping.

Josh

o

Just got my first Jade Plant, and it's ET Fingers. Doing some research on how to care for it and happened on this post. Gary, your plant is stunning. What an inspiration! How many years are in that plant?

o

Yes, that is one fine specimen Gary.

I love the container, too.

o

Hi Deanna. This is about 3 years old in this pot. However she was a branch cutting from a 20 year old mom. Thank you. Gary

o

Heres my fav.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here