Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cynanchum marnierianum

Posted by land3499 (My Page) on
Wed, May 26, 10 at 0:22

By no stretch of the imagination could this Madagascan species, an asclepiad, be considered attractive:

Cynanchum marnierianum

But then in the middle of December, it produces a wonderful little surprise:

Cynanchum marnierianum

Cynanchum marnierianum

Cheers,
-R

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cynanchum marnierianum

R,

Now there's a plant that one isn't blessed enough to see every day. In summer, if you give it full sun, does it flower again?

The 'marnier' in the specific is, as you may know, in honour of the Marnier family of Gran Marnier fame. There's a fabulous succulent garden that they've sponsored, too.

Great plant and TFS!

o

Thanks!

In the three years I've had it, it never blooms in summer, always in December. And it doesn't need full sun, although mine gets more-or-less full sun. It's also pretty thirsty, as you could guess from the skinny stems.

I just tried an experiment of rooting cuttings in water, and after less than a week, there are multiple 1" roots.

I had no idea about the Marnier connection. Maybe I should buy a bottle in its honor :)

-R

o

Ich suche Samen oder Stecklinge von Cynanchum marnerianum!
K�nnen Sie mir helfen?
I want seeds or cuttings of Cynanchum marnierianum! Can You help me, please?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here