Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hijole

" California Dreaming "

hijole
9 years ago

Well besides enjoying the california sunshine & the nice weather out here I replanted some plants today taking advantage of the cooling weather we had today. Last week we were sizzling in the 100's and this week were back to the 70's Temps that is (sorry guys & girls.)

I got these pots at my local Home Depot, there from Vietnam and they have a very unique look and style, a little on the heavy side because there made out of cement but their worth their weight.

I'll be adding some more pictures soon and please continue showing us yours so that I can continue california dreaming ;)

And for my friends in the melting snow I hope the Sun shines on you really good next month or starting tomorrow.

Greg

Comments (12)

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

What a nice shape, i like pots That have a wide opening at the top,maybe that's just cause i don't like to feel like the plants trapped lol, luv the sky in your pic it looks so peaceful. Unfortunatly for ME i did some re-potting myself but i had a horrible tooth abs gum ache and could barely get anything done before the sun got a shining, tomorrow's supost to be rain...rain..and more rain....Grrrrrrrrrrr! Glad you're having nice Sun and shine your way!

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kittiekat, Rain! What area do you live in? We need rain they tell us so freight now drought tolerant plants are a big hit the city is encouraging everyone to plant cacti & succulents right now. "Remove your lawn" is also being encouraged and planting drought tolerant plants instead and they help you with funds to do it.
    I keep saying Ima jump on it but I haven't yet, but I am.

Well good night, Greg

• kaktuskris
    9 years ago

What is the big plant in that pot? Nice.

Christopher

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

I'm in miserable salem Massachusetts, witch city!......... sunny TODAY. .But NOT for long the weather man says

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

katuskris, I asked the same question about 2 months ago and I shuda wrote it down, I'll try and locate it if not then maybe someone else could chime in Please.

Kittiekat, Wow your a long way from my weather table but you seem to be doing great with your plants out there so keep up the good work.

Greg

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    9 years ago

Greg,
    Lucky me. All the bad weather just missed me. Big storms rolling in with hi winds and some hail stones. Also we just missed out with the frost for the past two days. Down to 39 but no frost. Not so lucky for friends north and south and east of us. Almost brought my Sans out but I am going to wait another week. All my other plants are out and seems to be about to take it.
    BTW, I just got another Agave so I don't need yours. Thanks you very much anyway. Maybe I might lose it and will be asking you again next year.
    Getting pictures ready. Check 'Euphorbias' post.
    Stush

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

I'm trying!!! I'm telling YOU if it wasn't for that display case i converted into a greenhouse type thing, then the majority of my plants would prob be dead, cause there was no place to put them to hide them from the cold nights while still giving them light and air circulation....so thank God. I just put the less hardy plants inside during the night then when it's sunny out i take them out, it also keeps me from having to gather up all my plants and move them back and forth from my Sun porch to the inside of my house every time it's rainy and cold! I'm just hoping the nice weather will come rolling in soon! Hope you get some rain! !!

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kaktuskris, BINGO! I located it on the 2nd try I had posted a picture of a much larger piece that I have and Bikerdoc & Rosemarie Identified it for me MARCH 4th 2014.

Are you ready for the name... I feel like there should be a drum Roll right about now ----And the name is........
    "Senecio Klienia"
    It's a very nice looking plant that does much better in mostly shade and bright light, it does not like full sun for long periods of time.

Greg

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Stush,, Sorry about that buddy I meant to acknowledge you also in that last post but I sent SUBMIT to fast.
    It's good to hear you were able to dodged a big cold frost & a storm. OMG I really dont think I could handle that type of weather but I'm sure it's just normal for you being out there most of your life right?

That's brutel if you ask me but I'm sure there's some advantages somewhere I hope, ( Is there?)

KittieKat, Survival, survival survival. your just like a momma doing whatever it takes for her babies. That motherly instinct kicks in and you just know everything is gunna be ALRIGHT, alright! Oh Boy, I felt a song coming on for a sec. Lol...

Well see you all tomorow or the next day, Greg

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

Haha Greg, your too much lol

• kaktuskris
    9 years ago

Yes, that is familiar to me, now that you mention the name, Senecio Klienia. Nice plant, but then, you have a lot of nice plants!

Christopher

• kathi_mdgd
    9 years ago

I love that pot Greg,and the plant in and around it.Dh and I spent Tuesday transplanting things as well.Today I just did general maintenance in the backyard gArdens,watering,deadheading,etc.Tomorrow,I have a few more to transplant .

Kathi