Posted by val1 z4 UT (My Page) on
Fri, May 16, 14 at 2:07

Found these at Walmart!

Cebenese and Oddity.

photo 20140515_200145_zpsru6pqpxz.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Loving my New Sempervivums

I would have bought them myself, perhaps unconsciously hip-checking you to get to them. I've yet to find another 'Oddity', and 'Cebenese' is one I don't have whatsoever. Nice plants.

o

Love them both

o

• Posted by val1 z4 UT (My Page) on
    Fri, May 16, 14 at 10:07

I was surprised to find named ones there. I should have bought the other Oddity they had when I bought this one. They were only $3.50. I went back to get it later but they had overwatered it and it was rotting. I need to remember to check our other Walmart when I am there.

I absolutely love the Oddity. I am scared to put it outside. Some sites say it is hardy to zone 3, others say zone 5. If you have grown it, what can you tell me about it's hardiness? I think I will just put it in a pot and bring it in during winter. I am less worried about the Cebenese, and It will have to take it's chances in the yard.

o

Nice!
The one on the left is one of my favorites!
AKA cobweb

o

I want to get an Oddity sometime.

o

love it! i keep buying Oddity and have had no success. i just bought another one. good luck!!!! (:

o

Hi Chica,

I'm curious to know if you have any ideas as to what may have caused your previous lack of success with ''Oddity"?

Are you finding it not winter hardy? vermin? or something else?

I had several Semps in my clutch recently and put ''Oddity'' back on the shelf, anticipating going back if I found enough garden space, which I have.

Thanks.

Dan

o

• Posted by val1 z4 UT (My Page) on
    Sun, May 18, 14 at 17:05

Chica - I would also like to know what happened to yours. Seeing that you are in zone 10, I am assuming it has nothing to do with being winter hardy. Did it get to much moisture? The ones that I went back for at Walmart had started to rot.

Cactusmcharris - Do you still have an Oddity or did you lose it?

o

Val,
Mr webmaster seems to be assigning those of us who have not plugged in our zone with a ''10''...and I'm no Bo Derek...........

o

Val,

I don't know - I've not seen it since last year, so I shall go ahunting for it per your request.

Dan,

You're hilarious.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here