Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Introduction

Posted by NDay25 Oregon (My Page) on
Thu, May 16, 13 at 3:25

Hello everyone,

A long time ago, I lurked around this forum. A slightly less long time ago, I posted occasionally. After that, I lurked some more.

After that, I forgot my username.

Most recently, I've been reading some posts. Now, it looks like I'm posting again.

I moved across the country about a year ago and am settled in enough to rebuild my collection. I'm sure I'll have questions, so I figured I'd get the introduction out of the way. Thanks in advance for your expertise.

Oh, and I will try to post a few pictures of what I do currently have, just for some images to attach to a username.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Introduction

NDay25,
Can't wait to see your collection. :)

Planto

o

Oh, don't get too excited. I have two succulents at the moment. Neither is exotic or exciting.

o

welcome sign photo welcome.gif NDay25! Is there a name we can call you instead of that? I'll add you to the list! Glad you came out of lurkdome. You must know there are enablers here. Oh~2 plants?! So, we'll wait till you get another (or few) before we call it a "collection". Ha ha! Enjoy!!

o

OK, so here are the pics of my two remaining plants:
The first is a gymnocalcium of some sort, if I remember correctly. Do I remember correctly?
IMG_4891

IMG_4890

The second is a Crassula ovata, of course, one of those Tolkeiny varieties. I don't remember whether it was hobbit, gollum, or glamdring or whatever.

Crassula ovata

Crassula ovata

You can call me Nate.

Yes, it's very much not a collection at the moment, just down to my favorite plants I could bring with me in the cross-country move.

Thanks for the welcome!

This post was edited by NDay25 on Thu, May 16, 13 at 14:31

o

Well, Nate, it does look like Gymnocalycium, although I couldn't say which species. Has it flowered for you yet?

The other looks like it could be Crassula 'Skinny Fingers', but if not that, then I'd say 'Gollum'. I can't see (make out) the suction cup ends, if it has any. I have never seen a 'Skinny Fingers' in person & don't know they are readily available in the market, so who knows?

o

Unfortunately, it hasn't flowered yet. It's a fairly young rooting, about a year or maybe two. I can't remember at this point.

In a few weeks, I'm moving to an apartment which will allow me to expand my "few plants" into a bona-fide collection. I'm really excited to get back into it all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here