Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The big boy

Posted by caudex1 (My Page) on
Wed, May 22, 13 at 5:02

While carrying the Cyphostemma juttae (no easy feat) to the truck I dropped it off for a quick photo

Cyphostemma juttae

Along with the following plants to be transported to this seasons C&S shows
Turbinicarpus schmiedickeanus v klinkerianus
Turbinicarpus schmiedickeanus v klinkerianus

Ipomoea platensis
Ipomoea platensis

Momordica rostrata
Momordica rostrata

Raphionacme flanaganii
Raphionacme flanaganii

Anacampseros telephiastrum
Anacampseros telephiastrum

Fockea edulis
Fockea edulis

Cyphostemma cirrhosum
Cyphostemma cirrhosum

Adenia repanda
IMG_0753.2

Pachycormus discolor
IMG_0473

Cyphostemma simulans
IMG_0469.640

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The big boy

Whew! Your plants are beautiful - they take my breath away. And then I noticed the pots and had to gasp again. Thanks for sharing such beauty with us. Wow.
Lennie

o

Amazing, Keith.

What's the story with that P. discolor? Did you whack it down to a stump at some point?

Tom

o

Does that ipomea flower for you. Is it a vine

o

scrapping my jaw off the rug.

o

Astounding!

LOL! I have never seen anything like those plants!

Let me go back and see them again!

Lee

o

That just redefines cool and original. I am so impressed by people that are creative as you! Great job! Love the unusual plants and LOVE the way you made them your own with all the different pots! It's obvious a lot of love, knowledge, creativity and hard work went into all of those!

John

o

Thanks everyone!

T,
The Pachycormus was cut back. The previous owner had all growth toward the right. I'm going to train it to the left.

The Ipomoea does flower if I water it enough in the shallow pot. In a large container it flowers annually.

o

Those plants are really different and have a beauty all of their own. They look like they were left here by aliens and it is obvious that you take very great care of them.

o

For size reference the juttae is in an 18in diameter pot

o

Fantastic Keith!

Those are amazing plants! Which shows are you going to show them at this year? Are you by any chance going to the Central Coast (CA) Show and Sale this weekend?

Thanks for sharing your incredible talent of growing and being a great potter. Bravo!

o

Just finished Sacramento and Carmichael, next is Intercity. I want to do Central Coast but it always conflicts with holiday plans. One of these years I'll skip our annual get away and make the trip down. May do San Francisco in June.

o

Remarkable plants and spectacular staging.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here