Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aloe schelpei flowering again

Posted by Beachplants Z11 (My Page) on
Fri, May 9, 14 at 5:34

Hi guys, my A. schelpei from Ethiopia is flowering again, more raceme this time.

Aloe schelpei

Good time to teach the little one about this plant too..
Aloe schelpei

Aloe still recovering from some indifferent weather and my less than optimum care over the past year. AJ is 11 months now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aloe schelpei flowering again

• Posted by bob61 8a shreveport (My Page) on
    Fri, May 9, 14 at 7:00

Nice Aloe. Really like the blue-green color. I see the inflorescence will branch also. Good color on it. Looks like AJ would like to pic em. Cute little husky Guy.

Bob

o

Ryan,

Good to see the boys! And one of my favourite Aloes, too - I grew it in the front yard in San Diego and it always was a great grower.

o

Looks great!!
But little guy doesn't look as enthused as big guy. ;-) what a cutie!
JoJo

o

Thank Bob, at 11 months he wants to touch and test everything! I also like the color.
Jeff, I am also very pleased with pupping and flowering, given its full exposure to ocean, its a great plant.
JoJo, oh he is very interested, but AJ is more a destroyer than a builder right now, so I am still careful! hehe

o

Aloes and baby Crocs - the pic's too cute for words, so I'll shut up.

o

Oh, he loves dads crocs, so he had to get his own!

o

Please post that last pic on FB, Ryan. That's got to be shared, and it will start babies on the right track on growing things.

o

Nice to see both of you Ryan. AJ is looking great!
And great plants of yours as usual....Rina

o

So sweet. That flower does looks like it is soon to be history. Is he getting around on his crocks?

o

Lovely plant and baby,love the way the flower picks up the color in the bricks,and love those crocs on A.J.,gotta start em right!!

before you know it A.J. will be helping in the gardens.
Kathi

o

Thanks Rina. Mara, yes, he is not walking yet, but soon, but he is standing alone and dancing - cute.

Kathi, yes and please help me - my nerves - hope the destroyer phase passes quickly...hehe

o

oh my gosh! too cute!!! its hard to say if the destroyer phase will pass quickly...he is still a BOY! haha :) but once he gets older and you teach him about the beautiful and amazing life and color of plants he'll become less destroyer... and more gardener, with you! and its great to see that he's got a good teacher!
I only wish those lil rotten boys who used to pull my flowers and plants outta my lawn every summer had been taught to respect nature and its beauty :(

o

As you say - boys will be boys! He is just exploring his world at the moment, so I am not too worried, it is a good thing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here