Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
breton2

Ooops....

breton2
9 years ago

Well, I put my succulents outside on the weekend. They are in a temporary small greenhouse, since I live in coastal Nova Scotia and we can still get frost for a few more weeks. My greenhouse is covered in shade cloth for the first few days, and then uncovered. I open it during the day for airflow. This has worked well in the past for me. My greenhouse location does not get direct sun until about 2 pm.
Yesterday morning I checked it before I went to work, and it was about 5 degrees Celsius. Outside temperature was 2 degrees C ( this was about 8 am) and rainy. So i decided to leave it closed and have my SO open it when he got home at around 3:30. It continued to be a cool dreary day... At 6 when I got home, my SO said "It wasn't too cold in your greenhouse when I got here, just 45.9 degrees!!!"

I cannot believe it got that hot that quickly, I am hoping I didn't cook anything. Everything looks okay so far...I have mostly mesembs, echeverias, various Crassulas, small Aloes and miscellaneous other small suxx... Forgot to add the humidity was 99%....steamed vegetables anyone?

I have not experience with temps like that, what should I expect? am I likely to see ill effects from this high temp event?
And I am heading out right now to open the GH for the day, cold outside or not ( they are quite dry)

Cheers,
Breton

Comments (6)