Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
christmas cactus 'Mini Belle'

Posted by mymimi43 5a mtn desert (My Page) on
Sun, May 20, 12 at 9:54

I found the listing for this plant in the cactus collection database and have never heard of it before. Does anyone own this christmas cactus? Anyone have pictures of the bloom or plant?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: christmas cactus 'Mini Belle'

I know of an Aloe 'Mini Belle', but not any of the CCs by that name. Which Christmas Cactus database do you refer?

o

The Cactus Collection is the name of the company that provides the small cacti and succulents for Walmart, Home Depot Lowes etc. The have a plant database on line and I found the plant listed in their database.

Here is a link that might be useful: picture of plant

o

I don't think Zygophyllanthus is considered a Christmas cactus. Thanks for the info on the Cactus Collection. That means it is from Altmans plants, I believe. Seems that is the only place listing Zygophyllanthus 'Minibelle'. It may be a hybrid they made. Good luck finding someone who has one to show you! =)

o

From asking questions on another forum this is the info that I have collected.

The 1989-1990 Rainbow Gardens catalog lists the following:
Zygophyllanthus mini-belle - The flowers are light fuchsia and exactly like those of Christmas cacti. The plants are roughly the same as Christmas cacti, but the segments are rounded and ribbed. Most interesting.

from a poster "I absolutely think it is a form of exotica. The Rainbow Gardens Catalog also lists Schlumbergera crested form which I believe to be a variety of Enigma. They don't share pictures."

Minibelle is listed in the directory as Orig.: USA, Parentage: S. truncata x S. opuntioides, Flower colour, light fuchsia, flowers like S. x buckleyi, stem segments are rounded and ribbed, Comments: cultivar selected from this cross.

Exotica has the same parentage of truncata x opuntioides.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here