Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jojosplants

Time to start over...

jojosplants
9 years ago

Hello All!
I've been away for some time now, and it's time to be back. I've missed so many of my friends here and all the beauty.

Life's had more than it's share of ups and downs, and I lost most of my collection last summer.... So It's time to start over. $$ is tight, so baby steps are in order. lol..

I've been going through old posts and see so many new people and of coarse some of my favorites, that I am so glad to still see here!

My son will be out of school in 2 weeks and I think we will head straight to a huge nursery!

Now to make up my mind as to what I will get. Right! LOL!

one question..
Can photos be posted to here from a smart phone? I just got one last week and am still figuring the dang thing out. lol.. or will they need sent to the computer first?

JoJo

Comments (10)

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    9 years ago

JoJo,

Good to see you back - you know the greatest mine of plants and information is your own Tucson Cactus and Succulent Society. They sell a lot of rescued plants for incredibly cheap prices.

I don't know the answer to your question about smart phones, however.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tucson C&SS

• mingtea
    9 years ago

I post my photos using a smart phone...but then you only get one at a time using the GW uploader. Also, if you haven't been to Tanque Verde greenhouse you should go... Really economically priced 2" plants. Sometimes a gem or two but always some great standards.

-Ming

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    9 years ago

M,

And isn't TV right next to Miles2Go?

j

This post was edited by cactusmcharris on Fri, May 9, 14 at 11:21

• mingtea
    9 years ago

Miles is waaaaay out there but you can combo a trip to his place (by appointment still, I believe) with one to Bach's. A fellow I know has a place called Arid Adaptations that way, too.
    TVG goes well with jaunting over to B&B Cactus.

-Ming

• Sundewd
    9 years ago

Get an account with Flickr or Photobucket. Then you can upload your pictures and share as many as you want here in one post using the [html] tags to post the image.

• jojosplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hello!
    Jeff it is good to see you too! I've been away too long! I hope you, your family, and the fur babies are all well!
    Thank you for that info and link! I will look through it all tonight. :-) I plan to join our C&SS by the fall!

Ming,
    Thank you! My camera is kicking the bucket. Just got the phone last week and so much to learn. :-/ ugh! lol...
    I saw your plants in another post! Beautiful!

I haven't been to the Tanque Verde greenhouse yet.. It's way across town for me. :-/ I'm in the south west corner. By A mountain. I will look into it though and get out there somewhere over the summer. Dang truck only gets 10 miles to the gallon! UGH!

Same for Miles2go. I do hope to get out there by summers end, but if not, He ships :-)

I love B & B but haven't been shopping in over 2 yrs. long over due for some plants! :-)

The closest to me is Arid Lands only a 10 min. drive. Been there many times in the past.

Thanks for all the help! I will make me a list and get to these before summer ends!

JoJo

Here is a link that might be useful: Arid Lands

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Hey, JoJo, welcome back ;-)
    No time like the present, as they say...
    I recommend some lavender and sage for the yardscape.

Josh

• jojosplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Josh!
    Thank you! I need to be back for my mental health!

I do have lavender getting used to the gritty right now.. and plan on a few more for in ground.. and sage is one of my favorites! Haven't seen it at HD yet though.

• danbonsai
    9 years ago

Hi JoJo, just spent the last 2 hrs cruisin' thru the link you provided...have to lay down now :) ....that's a whole new world to me.

Thanks (I think) for opening the door!

Dan

• jojosplants
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dan,
    Only 2 hrs?!? Light weight. ;-) you'll work your way up to 4 or 5 like me. lol I love it.. I can make a list of what I like and any questions before I go shopping there.
    Hope your well rested now. lol
    Your welcome ;-) I think too. ;-)

JoJo