Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wantonamara

Lucky Whack (not a Jade trim story)

DO NOT plant a bunching cactus in a recurved pot. I heard that and did it anyway. It has been in this pot for years and the dirt is all played out. Even fertilizer could not get their baby to bloom. It usually is covered in blooms. . I have been putting off whacking this pot for a long time. It was not a garage sale find. $, not huge $$$ but still $. I am making a cactus garden It is to be planted in it since it grows in areas colder than here. I have never brought it in.

I decided I could use the fragments like a mosaic mulch around it but I had a one thud of a lucky wack and it broke in two pieces and it is highly repairable with some marine epoxy.

Third picture is the beginnings of the Cactus garden. My trailer still has no working lights so I am bringing my dirt home in 10Gallon pots. So it is slow going and hard on my tiny hatchback and my old back. I have the hardest time making up my mind and not planting things too close together. I just found out my Cylindropuntia whipplei 'Snow Leopard' will get 6' across and 3' high. Things are just hard to visualize and it all looks empty. I think I will be planting some things and then digging them out later. I am already removing things I just planted.

{{gwi:545296}}

{{gwi:545297}}

{{gwi:545298}}

Comments (9)