Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How would you prune this crasulla ovata?

Posted by Pharaohdk none (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 13:20

I have this crasulla ovata hummels sunset and it has gotten quite "big/bushy/branching into itself", but I´m unsure how to prune it.
therefor I´m posting here, to hear how you all would prune it, if it was yours.
I´ve added some pictures(for some reason I cant ise image tags, so copy paste the links), so if you would be so kind as to save it down, mark the areas you would cut in paint and then upload it back here. I would be very happy.
http://s14.postimg.org/r670ia6d9/image.jpg
http://s14.postimg.org/ik3qxoud9/image.jpg
http://s14.postimg.org/km48bxscd/image.jpg
Best wishes from a guy in Denmark

This post was edited by Pharaohdk on Thu, May 2, 13 at 13:23

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How would you prune this crasulla ovata?

Here are the two images you aren't getting to show up properly. I might just suggest, it might not be a 'Hummel's Sunset'?-- Others will chime in to confirm. But it is very bushy, quite nice shape.

This post was edited by teatree on Thu, May 2, 13 at 13:30

o

I think it looks great, and is fine just the way it is, but that is just my opinion...

Christopher

o

oh, how come you dont think it is a hummels sunset?
I have noticed that some of the leafes are turning quite red (its currently under LED growthlights, about a total of 120W) From my understanding it "should" turn yellow during the winter cold temperetur and light?

I was just worried that it might be too all over the place, since it has branches pointing in almost all directions.

o

No it is a winter grower, It does not like the heat, will turn red/yellow\ in natural light and good air, cold is a must during the winter. Good for you using the right species name. Thank you, Norma

o

Please always post where you live so we can give you accurate information. Norma

o

Norma,

He posted where he lives - Denmark.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here