Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crassula barkleyi seedling flowering

Posted by Beachplants Z11 (My Page) on
Thu, May 16, 13 at 14:00

Proud of this one, and here are also a few I took from the garden and additional flowers of old mates (previously shown)

Crassula barkleyi2

Lithops naureeniae
Lithops naureeniae

P. compactus ssp. canus now in full flower
P. compactus canus

H. zebrina in full swing
Huenia zebrina

2 of 5 Aloe thraskii's, all ready to flower
Aloe thraskii2
Aloe thraskii

Aloe schelpei
Aloe schelpei
aloe schelpei (2)

Aloe marlothii
Aloe marlothii

Aloe arborescens yellow and red versions
Aloe arborescens yellow
Aloe arborescens

Enjoy!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crassula barkleyi seedling flowering

clapping OMG photo clappingOMG.gif OooEee, you got me at GORGEOUS with the first one, R! Then I found out there were MORE! OMG! Thanks for the DROOL session! Just what I need! Have you seen the collector/hoarder thread yet?!?

o

Hehe, just answered it! Loved your pictures...sweet!

o

Splendiferous!!! Your first 2 photos are making me dizzy, almost better than real life! And your marlothii looks just about as happy as can be. Thanks for the treat... drool session indeed:)

o

Thanks Ryan, the marlothii, a juv. I brought back from a farm we stayed on that had 1000's growing on the hill slopes (natural area), so it is a non-seedgrown original habitat plant.

o

They are all awesome! Especially the marlothii! That's really awesome.

o

A thraskii is one of my favorite aloes, love the look with the recurved leaves especially when the stem gets tall. Nice!

x

o

Thanks guys.

Xero, I share your love for them, and add Aloe alooides too...

o

Since you guys are talking about 'em & showing them here, hope you don't mind me piggybacking on your thread...

...these are in my neighborhood...I think they are A. thraskii, but not sure. You can't see the tall trunk, but the flowers are up around 10 ft. high. What do you guys think they are?

click for larger view (I hope)

photo AloeDec2011113smlr_zpsd25dbbdb.jpg  photo AloeDec2011072smlr_zps93ce9614.jpg  photo AloeDec2011031smlr_zps8e61625c.jpg

o

Nice RoRo...we are about to have the flowering season for these, africana, ferox and arborescens, last 3 growing wild all around here, and always a nice show.

o

I'm impressed with those plants and shots! Awesome tour!

Josh

o

Here's my juvenile Aloe thraskii. The red coloration is a result of it's winter drought in a pot too small. In the coming weeks it should green up and start growing strong after I repot it.

aloe thraskii photo DSC00959_zpsb3a93a6f.jpg

o

Nice...interestingly I have a thraskii in the garden, same age as above, but stressed too much in pot and extended through transplant into soil....you can hardly see the plant, about 1/4 of its brothers who was less stressed on the same day of transplant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here