Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hampshire_uk

Echeveria help please

hampshire_uk
9 years ago

I recently bought some new plants, an echeveria cante and an echeveria agavoides 'romeo'. Both were tight healthy rosettes when purchased, but since moving them home they have begun to flatten out.

I think it could be a light issue, as they are currently in a north facing window (I live in a flat with 2 north facing windows and one tiny west facing window.). They do have a normal lamp with a fluorescent bulb on them for a few hours a day, but It's not really enough as I try to share the light amongst my plants.

I've ordered a fluorescent strip light that I'm going to place them under once it arrives, which will give them a constant source of light, but I wanted to make sure that lack of light was the problem and not something else before I change anything.

I have no clue what they are potted in as I haven't changed them since I bought them (about two weeks ago now). I watered the cante a couple of days after I got it home as it started to droop first, The romeo I haven't watered yet as the leaves still feel firm.

All the other plants I bought on the same day are doing fine and seem happy so I'm not really sure why these two are suffering. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Oh and the picture in this post is when I bought them, I'll post a picture of the Romeo now below. I unfortunately don't have a photo of the cante.

Thanks.

Comments (5)