Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gymnocalycium mihanovichii var. friedrichii

Posted by bikerdoc5968 6 SE MI (My Page) on
Sun, May 6, 12 at 15:10

I never know which is the correct name for this little beauty but I'm certain someone will clarify the issue. That's not the reason I'm posting this thread. About two years ago.... maybe a bit longer, the mother cactus produced seed which I planted and now have a ton of seedlings, one of which is going to flower!!!! I know for many of you who grow from seed, this is no big deal, but please give me my day in the sun because to see flowers beginning on such a small plant is news to me. The mother plant is in the foreground and has been flowering non-stop for the past several months. Don't know what to do with all of these seedlings!!! Anybody interested?????? I think the group on the left are smaller because they were in a small compot and divided out into single pots much later than the larger ones. Also, you might be able to see some of the smaller ones are more red and this may be why they are smaller. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to stop by and take a peek.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gymnocalycium mihanovichii var. friedrichii

Howard I understand your enthusiasm! I have yet to grow any from seed. I have been looking into some different seeds offered trying to decide what to start with. I would love to have one or two. : )

Shoot me an email, I don't have much but we may be able to do some trading.

Congradulations on your acheivement!

Glenn

o

Omg would i want one??? Yes! I had one but it got root rot and i have never been able to find one ... what do you want for it?

o

I'd love to take one off your hands. I've got a nice rooted pup of a white, night-blooming Echinopsis I can offer in trade if you're interested. My email is wallydraigle@gmail.com

o

Wally, I've got at least two white Echinopsis. Take a look at my trade list and see if anything clicks.

Microthrix maybe you could also check out the trade list and see what we might work out. Then email me and put something about cactus in the subject line.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here