Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new problem with desert rose

Posted by txcactus 7b Dallas/Fort Worth (My Page) on
Mon, May 25, 09 at 15:27

Hi All,
I've been fighting a nasty case of scale on my desert rose and now have a new problem of brown tips on the leaves. I think I've read that this may be caused by fertilizer burn but I don't 'think' I've fertilized it that much. The plant is in a very good fast draining soil mixture and on the southwest side of the house for adequate sunlight. How do I treat this? Thanks.
desert rose

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new problem with desert rose

• Posted by rjj1 Norman OK Zone7 (My Page) on
    Mon, May 25, 09 at 17:12

What did you use to treat the scale? Is it possible that caused a small leaf burn thing if the plant was not shaded while the leaves were wet? I always do that sort of thing a few hours before daylight and move the plant to a shaded area.

You could cut off the offending leaves. Or you could cut all the leaves off, tip prune, and start over. :-)

randy

o
RE: new problem with desert rose

• Posted by txcactus 7b Dallas/Fort Worth (My Page) on
    Mon, May 25, 09 at 18:13

I've treated it with alcohol on q-tips, systemic, insecticidal soap, Neem oil (but not in a long time), and the list goes on and on. I may pull the damaged leaves off and spray with Neem oil again after dark tonight. Thanks for your response. I'm glad to see you posting again.

o
desert rose and jade

i have a question about my desert rose-- i live in charlotte, nc, and i usually bring it in, along with my jade tree, during the winter. i would like to know if anyone in my area has left their adenium or jade out for an entire winter. i am worried that they will die or get damaged, but they are getting much to large for the indoors now!!

thanks for any help you can give me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here