Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
General Pic Thread

Posted by Sundewd 9B (My Page) on
Thu, May 22, 14 at 15:41

General pic thread for all to show off your beauties. Here's a few new plant boxes I set up and a loose Semp I picked up for $2. :D

Graptopellatum and Semp

Semp, crassula 'caput minima', Sedum Rubro Aurora and Anacampseros.

The $2 Semp.

This post was edited by Sundewd on Thu, May 22, 14 at 17:05

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: General Pic Thread

I love the colors and textures of the second picture!

o

Do one of my visitors count? Lol. He goes with cactus :-)

o

New to succulents. Kind of in love with this little guy!

o

Love the visitor!! Of course plants are gorgeous too.

o

JoJo,
Your visitor counts! Want to hold it in my hands, as long as he doesn't pee! I'm sure he's welcome in your gardens...

o

Wonderful plants...LOve them all..

Hello Jojo..You know how much I love the critters you get!

MIke

o

Aw, I love bearded dragons! They only that visit me here are green and brown Anoles, Salamanders and the occasional Rio Grande river lizard.

o

I have a bunch of stuff putting on growth since it's warmer now.

Jatropha podagrica flower buds:

Adenium arabicum:
A. arabicum flower bud

Adenium obesum:
A. obesum in bloom

Sansevieria eilensis pup:

o

Danbonsai ~
He's very welcome! I love these guys! I almost stepped on him, they really blend in with the sand! I usually catch them, but didn't have time today. It will be here all summer, so another time. And I've never been peed on ;-)

I know you do Mike. :-)

I'll see what plant pics I may have to add to this.

o

Agave 'Confederate Rose' - it's even more puppiferous since spring's sprung.

Previously misidentified as Agave potatorum, this is Agave 'Confederate Rose' (Agave parrasana) photo 7de4001f-0a3b-4daa-ade1-a4fb4550e8ad_zpsf9eb0d4b.jpg

Agave pygmaea 'Dragon Toes' has pups, too, just not nearly as many as 'CR'.

photo 092112145a_zpsbe30cd34.jpg

They guy I aim to be. The artist, Karl Stieglitz, had a number of paintings which depicted men with cactus. And the picture is now more handsomely matted.

photo DSC03333.jpg

Everyone likes a super bum.

photo DSC00688.jpg

This post was edited by cactusmcharris on Fri, May 23, 14 at 1:16

o

Love the agaves Jeff!

Here's a little one that reminds me of a face. Not sure the name of the cactus though. :-/

photo 100_2264.jpg

o

Nice pics all!

o

Jatropha podagrica female flowers are open. The other flower buds are all male, and will open once the female flowers wilt.

Another of my adenium obesum:

o

Nice shares, everyone. cactusmcharris, that blue aloe is a beauty!
jojoplants, I'd love a lil dragon visitor any day. Just squirrels and (blasted) possums, here. : /
Thought I'd post my new addition. A haworthia cuspidata variegated form.
Sundewd - great handle!

This post was edited by aztcqn on Sun, May 25, 14 at 16:10

o

Aeonium glandulosum
Succulence (succulents)
Aeonium hierrense
Aeonium hierrense
Agave bovicornuta
Agave bovicornuta
Agave bovicornuta
Pachypodium bispinosum
Pachypodium bispinosum-GK ExoticsPachypodium bispinosum-GK Exotics

o

Oh, love the Agave! But they are all very nice. :)

Here's my contribution. A formerly unknown stapeliad which I finally got a documented flower from. I believe it to be Stapelianthus Decaryi. What do you all think?

Closer

o

Oh I love it! It's beautiful! I love stapeliad's ! I spent today working on re potting mine and putting a few pieces around the yard to see how they do. Don't have this one though.

o

"Put it around the yard". Ha. Must be nice you darned Arizonian with your perfect cactus weather. :P I have to shelter mine, especially my Edithcolea Grandis that I am hoping blooms soon. But yes, I love the stapeliads. This one has no odor though. I'm actually let down by that.

o

ROFL!! Well I wouldn't call it perfect, but close. My hybrid aloe's got moved from under a shrub/filtered light to the east side of the house and they are pouting! May need to give them a little shade, and we do have a hard freeze once in awhile.

I get a kick out of how these flowers smell! lol.. I would have to say it is my favorite succulent! Years ago when I got my first one I went up to hubby and said smell my pretty flower! He did and has never trusted me again! ROFL!!

o

I had a visitor too...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And this guy is so nosey, hehe

Here are some other random ones

o

Never had the courage to smell these flowers. Once had a huernia, didn't know what it was, just thought the stem bodies were neet. A bud appeared and just before it opened it began to attract so many flies they covered the flower from sight, I was horrified. I gave it away to someone who did appreciate it's peculiar charm better than me. The flowers ARE attractive, just really hate flies.
chicagardens, yikes, your visitor looks big enough to put a saddle on it. Love the dainty flowers.

o

aztcqn - thx, yeah i have giant grasshoppers visiting all the time!

o

Lol! I'm picturing a saddle on him . I have large ones that visit too. I'll see if I can find pics later. Yours is a pretty green . Keep an eye on him and watch he doesn't snack ! Lol!

o

Schick echi Fluffy Ruffles.

Flowers are SO short lived! :[

o

I love seeing everyone's flowers! It is sad some are so short lived !

o

jojo, your guy and mine camouflage well. i watered my plants and didn't even realize there. it's hard to see in the pic, but you can see water beads on him. he prob snacked and got a shower too! :)

o

My one day wonder, my first Echinopsis subdenudatum flower recently...

Christopher

o

chicagardens~ looking back at your picture he may have had a snack.. shower, and breakfast.. living the good life. lol.. of coarse your beautiful fur baby may have had a snack too. ;-)

My little guy almost gets stepped on he camouflages so well! He only eats bugs, so that's a good thing.

Here's our big guys! We had these beauties two summers in a row, I'm hoping they will be here again this summer. We really enjoyed having them here!! Watched them grow from tiny babies on up.
Yes, they did eat some of the garden, but not enough to do any serious damage.
lol..

o

Sundewd,
I hate to say this, you are living with a Huernia. It is in the Asclepiads family. Very simular to mine. My flower is a deep dark red. Mine grew a lovly crest on the end of one of it's branches. I will remove it soon to grow out on it's own. These are currently my favorit plants for right now. I have been lucky with seeds and have about 30 seedlings to see what they grow into. Here's a link to more;
http://anti-matter-3d.com/Stapeliads/
Stush

o

OK.. this is confusing! lol.. your right Stush, It does seem to be more like a Huernia. I got so excited about the flower I didn't even notice. But doing a google search with the name given, tons came up as a stapeliad.

o

I thought it was too until I saw the pic of Stapelianthus Decaryi. Unless you have a Huernia species in mind, this is a dead match to S. Decaryi. Mine is just purple due to high light but is a small plant.

Either way, I just like these plants. I have another unidentified one that is lucky to even be alive after being outside all winter without protection.

o

Wow jojo your guy is real interesting looking. I love it! I have to find the pic of my other fur baby sitting in a pot of...you guessed it...succulents! He smooched them all! Lol

This post was edited by chicagardens on Sat, May 31, 14 at 21:00

o

Jojo, if there is any unusual bugs, like bugs I have never seen except on National Geographic, you have them in your plants..Lol..Love them..

Beautiful plants everyone...Nice coloring, my favorite..

Chris and Aztcqn, I hear you about short lived flowers..

MIke

o

Jojo, if there is any unusual bugs, like bugs I have never seen except on National Geographic, you have them in your plants..Lol..Love them..

Beautiful plants everyone...Nice coloring, my favorite..

Chris and Aztcqn, I hear you about short lived flowers..

MIke

o

I'm special Mike. ;-)
I really enjoyed these! I could walk out and just pick them up! They became like our pets!!
Hoping they return this season!
:-)

o

Nothing fancy but its all I have to show right now.

Big ol pot of growing Schlumbergera. Has buds but I dont think they will make It out.

My growing Pachypodium species not known.

o

I managed to save a couple of pieces from a C. 'Campfire' that rotted in a pot of MG cactus soil. These struggled, but made it! I'm happy because it is one of my favorite colorful plants.

o

Good save !! They are beautiful!

o

Agreed on the campfire! I just got a few, nothing spectacular yet. I hope they look like yours soon. (:

I love the Schlumbergera! I have little to no luck with these...but I try every year (:

o

All this week.

Echinopsis 'Domino'

Opuntia Old Mexico

Notocactus Magnificus

This post was edited by Sundewd on Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 11:22

o

Although they dont compare to yours (great pics everyone!),here are my plants(well,a few of them):
Aloe somaliensis
 photo IMG_1020_zpsf2a2c439.jpg
Haworthia venosa tesselata
 photo IMG_1449_zps94fd522d.jpg
Mammillaria bombycina
 photo IMG_1372_zpse6e6750b.jpg
a seedling Astrophytum capricorne cv. 'crassispinoides'
 photo IMG_1310_zps9dccf6bd.jpg
variegated Haworthia attenuata (var radula)
 photo IMG_1530_zps1bae921b.jpg
Agave fillifera(probably)
 photo IMG_1593_zps973f7389.jpg
Gasteria (or Gasteraloe?) cv 'Flo' (probably)
 photo IMG_1470_zps0e3e30c4.jpg
An Aloe seedling (A. bakeri x A. humilis) of my own cross (hey i was bored!lol)...i named the guy Aloe 'Aligator' (for obvious reasons)and only kept him,the rest?the bin!
 photo IMG_1590_zps5cd61aff.jpg
Mam sp!
 photo IMG_1360_zps2e7d10f1.jpg
thats all!

o

Sundewd,
Yes to Stapelianthus Decaryi. If ever a plant looks just like the picture.
Sorry I got back to you so late. Forgot I posted on this. It is a Stapelia hybrid. With what, no way to know. Maybe it was in an open greenhouse with many. It is a keeper. If you end up with too many like Bikerdoc, Keep us in mind.
Hope one of my seedling turns out simular. Notice the many rolls of points in the arms just like my crested one. Regular Huneria has 4 rolls like the ones Bikerdoc is giving away. Also yours has that deep bell shape flower. Sets it apart.
Stush

o

I will definitely keep you all in mind if the pot decides to explode. Stapeliads tend to grow really, really slowly for me though.

o

Nice! More beauties!!!!
Sundewd, that Notocactus Magnificus pale flower is sublime. So pale, pretty and round!
angelilly, what a neat aloe somaliensis. Never saw this pattern before. I like!
This is rebutia Apricot. So small, yet, giving me a sample of crops to come in future.
 photo rebutiaApricotcopy.jpg

Always enjoy the pics from everyone's collections.
I, also, wanted to post this perfect example of what makes these plants so charming and desirable. Plus, they return the investment, tenfold. Even from accidentally knocked off leaves! Love this quality of succulents.

This post was edited by aztcqn on Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 18:53

o

Thanks! Here's another shot of the Notocactus. It double bloomed today!

o

My echinopsis visitor.

o

My echinopsis visitor.

o

Can I ask a question.....how do you add multiple photos in one post? I am new and cannot figure that one out.

o

This site is one picture only. To post more, you have to join a photo sharing site like 'Photobucket'. It gets to be a pain some times with my slow computer. So I don't use it anymore. Maybe some one else can give you a better answer.
Stush

o

Hamatocactus Hamatacanthus. Wind was really blowimg today so it didn't quite reach its full potential.

o

Second day in bloom: Tricho Lavender

o

Hi Paula,
The only way that I know of is to join a free photo hosting site, most of us use photobucket.
Upload the photos to there , and then copy and paste the html code here into your post.
It will look like a long code, but will show your pictures when you look at the preview.

o

Thank you Stush & JoJo..... I have Picasa, not sure if it has same capabilities. If not Photobucket is on my "BUCKET LIST"!

o

• Posted by Ninkasi 6ish (Germany) (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 23, 14 at 15:26

june blooms on the Cape Blanco sedum

o

Hylocereus Undatus sending out very nice aerial roots... To nowhere.

Also, I love that Trichocereus Lavender! I'm going to put that on my want list.

This post was edited by Sundewd on Mon, Jun 23, 14 at 21:34

o

My Stapelianthus Decaryi which I am now calling the "Alien pod plant" recently inflated 3 balloons with at least 2 more forming. 2 have opened. One today, one yesterday. I'm hoping the last opens tomorrow for the 3-peat.

Both

Older one. I notice they curl backwards more on day 2.

Today's flower. Slightly curled.

And here is a cool shot. What is inside an Alien Pod plant? Let's have a look...

Darn. I don't see any aliens down there. But maybe thats a good thing.

o

Those blooms are unreal, Sundewd! So beautiful. Definitely have an alien quality to them.

o

My night bloomer. Cereus Vallidus? Bloomed last night, July 4th.

o

Unknown Lobivia.

o

My euphorbias

o

Ammak.?

o

Lactea grey ghost

o

This is my first rescue plant! Key lime pie from RONA. I found it lying there without a pot....

o

Another euphorbia

Euphorbia caput-medusae

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here