Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kittiekat_gw

finally a sunny day, put my plants on the sun porch but...

KittieKAT
9 years ago

Im not really sure where to put them i tried to put the one's That haven't Gotton a lot of Sun in in direct light so they DON'T burn, and the one's That have in there usual light till they adjust to everything. Any advice on where to put the plants ifi should swap places...etc..etc

Thanks, tried panorama pics but not sure if there that good

Comments (23)

• amsten09
    9 years ago

It showed up sooooo itty bitty! You should take single shots so they show up on the forum larger :D you have a nice large sun porch. I have all my plants in a studio apartment in downtown Portland OR. Crowded against one wall. Haha

• KittieKAT
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yea i noticed that lol, I'm posting new pictures now

• KittieKAT
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is basically the line up from left to right on my porch

• KittieKAT
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Going down the line of Windows

• KittieKAT
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Front window ontop of my display case

• KittieKAT
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Still on my display case

• KittieKAT
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My cp plants

• KittieKAT
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Very front window, in front of display case

• KittieKAT
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Last set of Windows on the far right of porch

• KittieKAT
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well the sun is now going down and the cool weather is rolling in on the sun porch, its time to take the plants in until the next sunny day, any advice on where to set the plants on the porch would be greatly appreciated

• kaktuskris
    9 years ago

Do you not mind the straw flowers on some of your cacti? I really don't care for them, personally, they detract from the plant, and often the plant is injured when removing them.

Christopher

• amsten09
    9 years ago

I was going to say the same thing about the straw flowers christo. They make me super sad. I love the one with the green fake flowers in the bottom pic. But the flowers distract from how cool it is.

• KittieKAT
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It drives me CRAZY! I hate those stupid fake flowers but i wait for the glue to soften up before removing them so it doesn't damage any of the plant's. I rather NOT pull them off cause in the past it has disturbed the needles and whatnot, since the plants have grown quite a bit im not worried about there overallhealth but i dont wanna disturb them by ripping off the hot glue or super glue to pull off the flowers, so hopefully they will loosen up a but so i can eeventually get them off without hurting the plants themselves.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    9 years ago

I just do not buy the ones with straw flowers. I never have the problem then.

• KittieKAT
    Original Author
    9 years ago

they all have straw flowers where they sell cacti in my area, I have gotten a few to come off easy but most of the time it rips out the cacti's needless and they have bald spots :( and i'm not really sure if they will grow back??

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

No the straw fake flowers don't grow back. Is the sun setting or rising ?

• amsten09
    9 years ago

I'm pretty sure she is talking about the needles growing back nomen_nudmum. Sadly kittie I'm pretty sure once you loose the needle patch they don't grow back

• KittieKAT
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Bahahahaha! Honestly....
    Obviously i was talking about the needles I'm using a phone to respond so sometimes the predictive text over rides the words I'm trying To write, why would I be trying to take them off...if i wanted them?!?!
    I cant Stand those stupid things, and I'm pretty sure fake flowers don't grow back....then again maybe I'm wrong.... wait if it's dark that means the sun is up, right?

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

LOL your a brave soul. Me I'm to old to know how to work the new fangled phones.

Smallest shadows are at noon longer shadows are both AM and PM side of noon it was about 3 30 - 4 PM when you took the pics

• meyermike_1micha
    9 years ago

I was wondering..Is it possible to burn a succulent behind a sunny window?
    I have never experienced that..

But as for putting them in direct sun outside? That's a whole different other story..

I would stick mine all in that window..

Why did you wait so long to put them there? Why couldn't you let them grow there all winter?

Thank God for these sunny days coming..I am tired of this weather..80 by Saturday, and I hope they are not pulling our legs..

Mike

• KittieKAT
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Cause in MA the temp changes at the drop of a dime! ! And it gets really really really cold in their in the winterthose Dee deffdon't do much to stop the wind an suite snow/ rain

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

Depepds but It's possible to sunburn from the Big Box store directly into a clear single pane with no bug screen or no shade cloth plastic

They're recent finds Mike I don't think they had them during winter if so they would have been ( lost) subject to frost damage.

• KittieKAT
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The ones i had during the winter were all Inside my house tool better weather under grow lights