Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angellilly

Weird...

angellilly
9 years ago

I had a small pot of cactus seedlings from a cactus mix pack (just for the novelty)and i had almost 98% germination.Thats not the weird thing but ill come to that!(lol) all the seedlings were healthy and growing at a good pace.I had them under lights and watered them regularly.After a couple of months i realized that 2 of them are rather unusual.They all got the same treatment yet one stayed red from the germination till its first areoles.I gave the seedling a tag and its firmly rooted,so no root rot.I have the light on 9 hours so its not light stress and the temperature is between 20 and 25 oC and that rules out heat stress.The other seedlings were green (i say 'were' cause i removed then from the pot)and only this one was different.It now grows but veryyyyy slowly...
{{gwi:550230}}
and another one that is extreeeemeeelyyy slow,it now has it first spines even though it was the fattest and bigger of the batch.The strange thing its the first growth:
{{gwi:550231}}
red tips and yellow center (had to use magnifying glass),pink body and green juvenile ehhh column????

Perhaps they are temperamental?or are they keepers???

Comment (1)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio