Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
repotting kalanchoe blossfeldiana...

Posted by woollady z8 CA (My Page) on
Sun, May 26, 13 at 16:29

hi everyone,i have 2 huge kalanchoes in real large pots.i need to do something for them,as the soil level has really dropped over the last couple of years.what is the best or easiest way to repot them?im afraid alot of the leaves will be broken off in repot.any advice you give will be appreciated.thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: repotting kalanchoe blossfeldiana...

Have new pot(s) & soil ready for the transplant (use well-draining soil mix). Lift carefully (if very large, have someone help you) out of old pot. Knock off old soil-try not to damage roots much. Place in new containers (or old). Pour new soil around roots & then pack in lightly. Water in soil to help settle (gets rid of air pockets too). Don't water again till dry. Not sure what kind of advice you're looking for~this is more or less basic. Without seeing photo of plant in question, this is as good as it gets from me. =) Good luck!

o

• Posted by four 9B (near 9a) (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 16, 14 at 20:27

This is another situation in which I would apply my technique
which I use for many kinds of plants.
Disregard if container is hard (e.g. ceramic).

Prepare a pot to have atop its soil the current pot containing
plant and soil largely undisturbed.
Slice bottom out of plant's pot, nestle the latter into lower pot's soil
(into which you then stake upper pot for stability, if necessary).

o

hey four-- i don't know if you noticed, but this thread (and others you're responding to are anywhere from months to more than a year old . . .

o
yes, I always notice

• Posted by four 9B (near 9a) (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 17, 14 at 4:33

I assume that your intention was to be helpful to me.
But have you not noticed that it is common practice in GW fora?

Surely you are not of the opinion that the value of information to later readers
is time-limited.
That would be tantamount to a position that GW should eliminate 95% of site content.

o

hmmm i'm not sure that digging up old threads that are no longer relevant is particularly common here but ok honey, do you

o

And Meow for the win! in the Comment of the Day!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here