Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I think I may have lost my succulent...

Posted by littledaffodil California (My Page) on
Sat, May 17, 14 at 16:47

I started noticing brown spots after leaving it outside during the day time so I brought it in and kept it in the window for light. I was notified I was watering it too much after searching for why my cactus wasn't thriving so I cut back to a week and a half then to two.now the leaves are still brown and wilted and it looks just awful. I'm a first time succulent enthusiast. Can anyone help me with my current problem or give me tips on how to care for my vast array of new babies I've acquired. Thank you for helping a first te poster. Take care.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I think I may have lost my succulent...

It looks sunburned to me. :-/ They need to introduced to the outdoors gradually. I don't know if it is savable. You may want to take it out of the pot and see if it still has roots.

Cactus and succulents really shouldn't be watered on a schedule. They need to dry out in between. It takes some time to learn what each one needs. Many of us judge by the weight of the pot.

It's hard to help with with the care of your others, without knowing what they are. If you know the names, you can google for information, or post pictures here for help.

o
RE: I think I may have lost my succulent...

I know how it is when first acquiring experience in a new hobby. It's a learning process.
I believe if the center cluster is still good, then there's a good chance it will recover after a bit. Agree with jojosplants, check to see if it has viable roots. If so, it's just a matter of time before it recovers. What I would do is repot into a fast draining mix, keep in partial shade 'til it starts new growth, then gradually move into more light.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here