Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID & Help Needed

Posted by acwoodhead none (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 17:00

I purchased these aeoniums (? not sure what species) about a month ago. Two weeks in, I noticed that the leaves were drying from the outside in. I had been told not to water them for a month, but since they weren't doing well, I decided to water them.

Since then there hasn't been much improvement. The bottom few leaves have come off, and now leaves higher up the stalk are also drying out. Any ideas? I checked the soil and it's succulent potting mix. I put some moss on the top in case it was drying out too quickly.

Should I remove the flowers? If so, up to what point?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID & Help Needed

Is there a drain hole in those pots?

o

No, so I put some rocks on the bottom to catch extra water. They're also clay, but glazed on the outside.

o

Duplicate post. Read other one ("ID & Advice Needed") for answers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here