Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sicklittlemoocow

New babies - help with IDs appreciated

sicklittlemoocow
9 years ago

Went a little crazy plant shopping. I know Haworthia truncata , Haworthia ____, Glottiphyllum longum, and Stenocactus ____. I can't seem to post more than one picture at a time, but I will attempt some close-ups

This post was edited by sicklittlemoocow on Mon, May 26, 14 at 18:43

Comments (14)

• sicklittlemoocow
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Senecio crassissimus

This post was edited by sicklittlemoocow on Tue, May 27, 14 at 1:29

• sicklittlemoocow
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Stenocactus & Epithelantha micromeris

This post was edited by sicklittlemoocow on Tue, May 27, 14 at 1:28

• sicklittlemoocow
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Graptopetalum bellum, Lobivia arachnacantha, Gymnocalycium mihanovichii friedrichii 'Plaid Cactus'

This post was edited by sicklittlemoocow on Sat, May 31, 14 at 1:40

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

Beautiful!!

Not sure on names, but to post more than one pic at a time they need to be uploaded to a hosting site. Many of us here use photobucket, it's free. after you load them to there, just copy and paste the html code here in your post. It will be a code, but when you look at the preview your pictures will show , if not you didn't do it right. You can post as many as you wish in one post that way.

• plantomaniac08
    9 years ago

Last picture, far right: Gymnocalycium mihanovichii friedrichii 'Plaid Cactus'

Planto

• Microthrix
    9 years ago

The little white ones with the pink seed pods is Epithelantha micromeris. A favorite of mine.

• sicklittlemoocow
    Original Author
    9 years ago

So that's a seed pod? I should try to collect a few...

• rosemariero
    9 years ago

In the 2nd pic: Senecio crassissimus.
    Last pic, on left: Graptopetalum bellum.
    Pink fruits on the Epithelantha.

• sicklittlemoocow
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ok, still not sure on this one. Looks a little like something I remember as a "Rat Tail", but that's not it. Dog Tail maybe? Echinocereus pentalophus ?

This post was edited by sicklittlemoocow on Tue, May 27, 14 at 2:11

• mingtea
    9 years ago

Echinocereus pentalophus on your last one. Your yellow flowered unknown might be lobivia arachnacantha. No tags at this nursery? Nice haul though!

-Ming

This post was edited by mingtea on Tue, May 27, 14 at 10:23

• reggie
    9 years ago

Very nice haul there! Woohooooo. They are a nice size too. Where did you shop, pray tell?

• sicklittlemoocow
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Very few tags at the nursery. My fault for not asking. It's a wholesaler who does some retail as well. Think 5 full greenhouses of cacti & succulents... Desert to Tropics. It's in Del Valle, TX, SE of the Austin airport. If you're in the area, I'd also suggest East Austin Succulents.

• Laura Robichaud
    9 years ago

The middle cactus with the orange flowers looks very much like an unidentified gymnocalycium I picked up over the winter. LOVE the orange flowers.

• sicklittlemoocow
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm pretty sure it has a hairy flower stalk, so it can't be gymnocalycium. From what I've seen on the web, lobivia arachnacantha may be correct. Viewed in the sun it is a very dark green with a red cast on the ribs. So far everything is looking good, except the Epithelantha micromeris. Looks as if it was overwatered at some point - the base is slightly discolored and softer than the top. (I should've noticed that there was one completely collapsed in the pot.) Not sure how to respond. There are five in the pot, so I have options...

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!