Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hummingbird597

Rhipsalis rhombea - any tips?

Hummingbird597
9 years ago

So I was checking the clearance rack at Lowes and found this little guy. (and a couple other things...). First can anyone confirm that this one is actually R. rhombea? I saw an earlier thread where someone bought a similar plant at Lowes that was mislabeled and was actually something.

Second, My understanding is that it's an epiphytic jungle cactus, similar to thanksgiving cactus etc. Would the recommendations for potting mix, care etc. be similar to Thanksgiving cactus, which I already have and know what to do with, or is there anything special about this one I need to know?

Comments (3)

• Hummingbird597
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Also a few of the the leaves have damage like this one - is this from poor care or is it more suggestive of a disease or something else that would need treatment? Should I remove the damaged leaves?

• chicagardens
    9 years ago

Here we go again with the lowes clearance. Now I need to go, the bug has bitten again! Hehe

• Hummingbird597
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I did pretty well on the clearance - the plant above for $3, a Kalanchoe tomentosa "Chocolate solider" for $3, a Sedum rubrotinctum "Aurora" for $1, and 2 left-over orchids for $3 each.

Any suggestions on potting mix for the Rhipsalis?